Liverpool (a) post-match thread

If TAA didn't hit it with his hand and Sterling who is stood behind him buried it you know VAR would have ruled that B.Silva handballed it into the path of Sterling and disallowed the goal.
Yes indeed and that on the basis of current thinking would be the correct decision. Which would have been fine with me as it would have prevented the dippers charging down the field to score.

Yes indeed and that on the basis of current thinking would be the correct decision. Which would have been fine with me as it would have prevented the dippers charging down the field to score.

Yes indeedy as many have said VAR said that B.Silva's contact does not enter the equation for determining if TAA's arm was in an un-natural position when contact was made. TAA moves his arm out so it is handball and a penalty not a disallowed goal for Liverpool as the rule of "leading to a goal" would not apply as the possession came back to City and Gundo poorly cleared it therefore that session of play/advantage had technically ended anyway. The one later in the game when TAA handled it was not a handball however and bearing in mind that even if we were awarded a penalty early on in the game would Aguero have scored it? There was no guarantee.

Everyone blames VAR but if Oliver isn't seeing handball there, he shouldn't be reffing. I could have lived with the scenario of him saying that it was handball but he couldnt give the pen because it came off Bernardos hand first and therefore awarded Liverpool a free-kick. What I cant accept is him giving nothing, how on gods earth is that a play on situation?

It isn’t and to compound it their players did play on whilst ours stood around with their hands in the air taking 3/4 of them out of the game at that point. Aguero should have carried on playing with the ball literally at his feet but easy to say on a forum.

Yes I am being serious. We got lucky, we lost Fernandinho and Gundogan was dodgy at DM but came good and Vinnie was immense in the latter part of the season enabling us to go on a good run, we lost more games than Liverpool but they drew a lot. It was 1 point in the end and the season was decided on the 4 points we took from them. As much as I don't like Liverpool they are a very good side and this year because of injuries better than us.
WE got lucky? No, THEY got lucky...or should I say you? “I don’t like Liverpool” yet you sound like you’ve got posters of Gerrard and candles everywhere in your room with some of the shit you’re saying

Yes indeedy as many have said VAR said that B.Silva's contact does not enter the equation for determining if TAA's arm was in an un-natural position when contact was made. TAA moves his arm out so it is handball and a penalty not a disallowed goal for Liverpool as the rule of "leading to a goal" would not apply as the possession came back to City and Gundo poorly cleared it therefore that session of play/advantage had technically ended anyway. The one later in the game when TAA handled it was not a handball however and bearing in mind that even if we were awarded a penalty early on in the game would Aguero have scored it? There was no guarantee.

i think an overruled penalty would have been hard to live with but under new rules would have been the correct decision. It would have been a damn site better than what happened. The biggest issue for me is the incompetence of Oliver who is stood 3 yards away.

I agree with the other one not being a pen and I don’t think the push was either but it wouldn’t surprise me if somewhere down the line, Mane/Salah or James/Rashford get one for the exact same slight push in the box. This is what pisses people off. The complete and utter unfairness of it all.

Got lucky? Decisions that went for the vile fuckers and defensive howlers and we still beat them to it, no luck involved at all, and injuries to key players hampered us a lot more than those ****s.
Agree. The amount of wins Liverpool got last season through 'Keepers throwing the ball into their own net was ludicrous.

I get what you are saying but this is the third time in two years that we have gone to Klanfield and fallen three goals behind before starting to make an impression. Yessterday the dippers didn't really have to try very hard to get that 3 goal lead. I think we should now be very close to putting Garcia and Fodden into the front line more often as the people keeping them on the bench are not tearing up any trees.

Poor finishing from our forwards and referee decisions have nothing to do with tactics. I remember Salah scoring from an offside situation in the 3:0 loss (the first goal again!) and we didn't get a penalty, a Jesus goal was ruled out for a tiny offside, etc. It's not always about tactics but also about individual performances, referee decisions, etc. Last season we won the title because we won 4 pts from them, despite not having Kevin for both games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.