Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Had some fun with the dippers at work, opening with "you know your history don't you,?, City never get anything when we go to Anfield, it's in your history so nothing unexpected.
They back off and agree it's historical.
I came back just like dippers top at Xmas you know it's your history and further more you fu##ers have never won the premiership you know it's your history.
Kept them quiet for a while anyway

Thought we played very well,kept to our game
plan and were dominant in the first 5 minutes.
Sloppy defending undid us and Aguero has an off day in front of goal.We will never give up this title easily and there are 78 points still to play for.Salahs potential injury may balance things out going forward.Feel that Ederson may have reached the first goal shot and maybe done better with the 3rd goal but that’s not a criticism of Bravo.Did anyone notice Walker shouting at Stones in the first half and the Liverpool fan in their disabled Kop section telling Sterling to F off (lip reading)

I like to get the general opinions from other teams forums. Same sort of feeling we have here which was surprising :

shed-end
"There are people on these boards that will tell you anybody claiming Chelsea get the rough end of the stick with referees and VAR are paranoid and conspiracy theorists. These same people presumably believe all teams get treated equally. They probably watched Utd under Fergie and thought they were getting treated equally. Similarly, they must watch Liverpool and think they get treated equally. Either I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist or they're mad. Michael Oliver at the Bridge might as well have been wearing a red shirt, and today the same. It's not so much the handball (which I think is debatable), it's just the fact he was never going to give a 50/50 decision to Man City. Liverpool could foul at will in that first half. A cynical foul right in front of Oliver to halt an attack. No booking. A talking to but no booking. City's players were rightfully incensed. Second half there was a blatant push on Sterling by Mane. It's a stonewall penalty. Mane is well behind Sterling, he stretches in order to push him in the back and make him fall to ground. No penalty. It's clear and obvious. What does VAR say? No penalty. A City player gets booked for arguing. City deserved the win. They were the better side. However Liverpool had the numerical advantage. They had the officials on their side. As ever."

"A dubious penalty to beat Leicester.
A dubious penalty to beat Spurs.
Got away with an offside decision against us that shouldnt have rules out the equaliser.
Got away with 2 penalties, 1 completely stonewall, and sn offside goal to beat city.
Does any other team get that many tight decisions go their way? It actually left a sour taste watching that game today.
Liverpool's name is on the trophy this year...."

"Its so obvious it’s not even funny. Wonder if anyone with the power too will step in to stop it. Or have they all had their palms greased? "

"The amazing thing is the time it took to look at the handball and the Salah goal. You'd have thought, given previous examples, it would take a few minutes. No, the handball was dismissed straight away by VAR, as the Sky commentators confirmed upon Liverpool scoring the opener. No sooner did it hit the back of the net than they were telling us it had been confirmed it was standing. Salah's goal was very tight. You'd think VAR would want to look at it again and again, as they did the previous day with Sheffield Utd. Nope, again given in seconds.
Edit: Then there was the push on Sterling, which was a definite pen. I'm not sure VAR even looked at it, and if they did they couldn't have given it more than a cursory glance. "

Redcafe
"This rubbish keeps getting spilled by Liverpool fans as their defense for Oliver. He clearly missed Bernardo Silva's handball then decided TAA wasn't handball.
If he had seen Silva's handball he would have given Liverpool a freekick, there is no way he would have played advantage with the ball bouncing around their own penalty box. Either way Liverpool should not have been able to counter from that situation and score."

"Ah, now I see VAR are saying the TAA handball just wasn't a pen, on its own, as it were.
Which is dodgy but supports Oliver entirely. No issue at all and they carry on.
Tremendous."
"However VAR should have worked should have meant no goal. Be it the "handball" and then scoring thing, or the pen given/ruled out for the city handball.
While Liverpool may have gone on to win, it was such a gamechanger that it ruined it."

"So today, VAR has enabled the kind of whopping error it is supposed to be trying to prevent
Oliver should make a decision but doesn't because he is a useless twat and because of thinking VAR will help him out
Have any handball rule you like if you're just gonna ignore it happening"

"Can I just say that I said that City were more fragile absolutely yonks back
Although obvs I didn't consider that Oliver pool might be without Matip for a couple of weeks"

we can use var as the reason behind us not getting anything today...but the fact of the matter is liverpool are so fucking clinical, and seemingly especially against us.
Granted, they looked like scoring every time they attacked us, but there are neutrals up and down the country convinced by what they saw and by the 'impeccable source' that there has been a VAR corrupt cover up at Anfield. Hopefully, there's an investigative journalist somewhere on the inside of all of this preparing something for publication.

Let's see where we all are after Liverpool have gone to Leicester over Christmas.

If we are within six, it's essentially a win again for us at the Etihad and those rat bastards picking up a couple of draws elsewhere.

As I say, we have some difficult fixtures to overcome in these next few weeks, if we come through them, we stand a very good chance again.
The thing I noticed yesterday was we have a new masters of the dark arts
Throw in for us , Robertson kicks the ball to the corner flag, we can't take a quick throw in
Pushing our players in the back when the ball has gone out of play
Trent on sterling
Robertson on walker
And mane on sterling which was a penalty
Mane offside but kicks the ball into the stand
Nearly every free kicks to us, Oliver marks out 10 yards but mane stands 5/6 yards away slowly walking to the 10 yard mark stopping us taking quick or short free kicks.
Dark arts, cheating or will to win . we can catch them just need to be near perfect

To add some sense to rambling nonsense...
Deflections
Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.

It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby.
Extra leeway with ricocheted handballs. In the Spurs game, the defender grabbed Laporte's arm moving it in the direction of the ball. Should be a pen for us, but we score and goal disallowed. There are some on here telling us (those of us with conspiracy theories) to shut up - there is no conspiracy. I'm 59, been going to City since the late 60s - I'm absolutely convinced the Prem has decided we won't win it. We need to expose it.

Sergio is a hero to this club but he's no longer the predatory striker he once was. There were multiple opportunities where we could have gotten goals but he seemed a step behind... situations Jesus if given the chance MAY have buried.

We were at many points the better team moving forward but their break punished us and our makeshift defense couldn't handle it.

We're 9 point off but there are 26 games yet. I am still not 100% sold on Liverpool and feel they will drop games. It's wishful thinking but there's a long road ahead.
Sergio's build up play was immense. He just couldn't get a proper connection with any of his attempts. That's not evidence of being on the slide - it can happen to anyone. We opened Liverpool up time and time again. Their fans can't believe we didn't take our chances - they can't believe they saw their full strength defence being ripped apart and when we failed to score they felt like lottery winners. Yes, we looked like conceding with most of their attacks, but our on the ball superiority meant they didn't get many attacks going.

You
Extra leeway with ricocheted handballs. In the Spurs game, the defender grabbed Laporte's arm moving it in the direction of the ball. Should be a pen for us, but we score and goal disallowed. There are some on here telling us (those of us with conspiracy theories) to shut up - there is no conspiracy. I'm 59, been going to City since the late 60s - I'm absolutely convinced the Prem has decided we won't win it. We need to expose it.
You just read the rule. It changed for this year. It clearly shows what happened yesterday isn't a foul. How on Earth is that a conspiracy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.