Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 10 Nov 2019.

1. hertsblue

hertsblue

They released a statement at half time saying it was given as it was deemed not deliberate. So another way for them to manipulate results by changing the rules and then releasing a statement as they know it’s cheating

2. Adebayor

Adebayor

We weren’t though.

their defence was so much better than ours, and their forwards were so much more clinical than ours.
    I understand people sticking up for us, but watch that without your blue tinted specs on and you’ll see that. We made enough chances to win the game, but we’re not ruthless enough.
    Lovren is probably the worst player on the pitch but he’s capable of making simple decisions, like clearing the ball when it needs to be cleared, and yet again we didn’t do it and we got punished.

having said that, I’m not too bothered. I thought we’d lose today, but I still think we’ll win the league.

we need a new CB in Jan though..

3. Semper aggressus

Semper aggressus

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Shit result but not unexpected.

We'll have most of our injured players back when we play them, and we will beat them at the Etihad so that's three points back.

Long, long way to go yet. International break, then beat chelsea and it's game on. Just don't bother reading any of the usual media shite for a few days to avoid feeling angry.

4. Metalartin

Metalartin

I predicted a loss or a draw at best, it's Anfield, we know our record there is abysmal and our defence hasn't looked right without Laporte at the back and that's even with Ederson in goal. Without his presence on the pitch, they are nervy and error prone. When I saw Gundogan in the starting lineup it seemed inevitable.

Positives:

It didn't turn into the tonking we feared it would.
    Sterling seems to have gotten over his Anfield mental block.
    Angelino was starting to look very comfortable at LB, needs a good run in the team to see if he progresses. May also keep Mendy on his toes.

5. moon

moon

Even without VAR
    Think this is the 3rd Premier League game we haven't won because of missed chances

6. blue cigar

blue cigar

Their defence was better than ours, end of. Laporte and ederson are huge holes for us.

7. super_city_si

super_city_si

Absolutely spot on. Especially the fouling. Fabinho no yellow how? TAA was practically clotheslining sterling all afternoon. Mane must have committed 12 fouls on his own.

8. ShaunMCFC

ShaunMCFC

Anyone got a GIF, least I can smile at something

9. avoidconfusion

avoidconfusion

Love your optimism but I can't see. Between VAR, referee decisions, our injuries and some of our players just not being good enough I don't see us win the League.

10. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Halesowen... for my sins but Cardiff is home
    Its an issue for us no doubt about it