Liverpool (a) post-match thread

For all that we get fuck all off VAR and we are a bit ropey at the back we created plenty today, possibly more than any other recent visit, there was a hat trick for Serge out there.

They were more clinical for sure but I would say we created more chances and were the better team on the day. I hope we get them in the CL and stuff them.

That’s fair enough. I just thought we ‘lacked’ in both boxes as pep has said in the past, not organised enough in ours, not clinical in theirs.

I think we need Rodri with a few more games in him, Laporte back and firing, Eddy back, a solution for Sane, either back or sold and replaced. Get a few wins behind us through the end of the year and we’re still in it.

Frustrating day, ultimately it is what it is.
Hard to be hugely optimistic but can't really fault effort, especially in a game we never really expected to win nor were we given a chance in.

VAR is the scourge of football. How many of our goals are subject to a deep scrutiny? The Mrs isn't into football but even she struggled to believe the discrepancy between the way City goals are looked into, and other teams.

Spare a thought, at least back home in Manchester you'll have a bit of respite tomorrow. I'm in Ireland and not only will I have to put up with the usuals; tomorrow there will be people whom I never even knew were into football that want a pop all of a sudden.

Even with our best side out we’d in all likelihood have lost again at Anfield. But the truth is that, injuries notwithstanding, we’ve just not been on it this season. As I and many others have commented before on here, it’s looking like the sheer intensity of last season - and the one before it - has now caught up with the squad. And our shit defending!

Regardless of VAR, Liverpool picked up on our weak clearances and weak defense and punished us. The first goal was a very very poor clearance by Gundogan and then a worse block by Rodri. The second goal was an amazing cross by Liverpool which our defense did not stop and we got punished for it. The third goal again Gundogan just stopped from marking the cross .. why why why??? He should have kept on tracking back. And Mane should not have scored from that position, again weak defense and weak goal keeping.

All in all we are missing Laporte and Ederson and Pep should start trusting Foden to play instead of Gundogan.

I thought Angelino was great for a first away start. He was dangerous from the left flank. Fernandinho did his best. Walker and Stones we not up to it, maybe Cancelo would have done better. Bravo first two shots on goal from Liverpool and he concedes twice.

Everyone is going on and on about the Penalties and VAR. Forget about them, we have Chelsea next and I worry more now that we can also lose that game. This year is going to be tough for us and we have to accept what we get. Maybe its time we pay more attention to the Champions League and try and win the Carabao Cup and FA Cup for this year

VAR doesn’t apply to the dippers in their box, neither does two footed tackles, shoves in the back.

I’m disappointed how poor we were, but even more by the officiating. Apparently ‘not in an un-natural’ position is fine as long as you’re a dipper. Watching it back now, it’s even more sickening. Blatant handball. I bet it would have been given the other way.

I know there are a lot of defenders of Gundogan and Bravo, but for me, they were really poor today.
Walker for the 3rd goal was shocking. He’s supposed to be an International RB.

Really impressed with Pep in the post match interview. The Fcuking clown asking the questions and trying to goad Pep into certain areas was well deflected and beautifully handled.

How we are being continually fcuked over by officialls and VAR is now comical. I honestly believe that we will NOT be allowed to win this league, under any circumstances.

I know there’s still 2/3rd if season to go, but hopefully Leicester will turn them over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.