Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Our inability to take enough of our chances is hurting us. This has been a theme for a long time. We attack so much that we give opponents chances, but don't take ahigh enough percentage of our chances.

Is Aguero up to the job? Is that sacrilege to suggest it? We were so close and yet so far.

Gundogan started all of those games in an attacking role and we lost all of them.

love the guy, as a DM he’s fantastic, but he just will never work as an attacking midfielder.

Did he? Do you think he’s the problem? Was he the reason we lost today?

Get a grip man.

Reactions: OB1
To be fair it was more like 442 today, he wasn’t that bad.
I'm afraid he was-poor clearance for first but much worse the half arsed wrong foot attempt to firstly block the feigned cross and then not bother running for the second.

Piss poor today. Very unlucky but we need to take our chances, simple as that. Yes, the refereeing was abysmal but the fact is that they scored from their first two chances and were 2-0 up within 15 minutes, whereas we missed at least 5 or 6 chances that we should’ve buried. If we score those then there’s nothing the ref can do about it so there’s no point blaming it on decisions when we can’t put the ball in the back of the bloody net and give away soft goals.

All I’m going to say is that in 2012 when we lost to Arsenal, I’d be shocked if many of you could say, hand on heart, that you thought we’d go and win it. It’s 9 points and we’re down in fourth and haven’t been playing well, but it’s doable and we have got a reputation for coming back from difficult situations like this, we just need to start taking our chances.

The scousers really aren’t as good as they are made out to be and we are playing the fuckers at home still. They will drop points, they aren’t invincible. We just need to find that clinical touch again and start putting away our chances and this could still be within our reach.

Until we get more ruthless in front of goal and have full backs incapable of stopping crosses coming in, these results will happen

The Henderson cross was a tricky one and I can't really blame Angelino for this one, watch the build up to the goal and you would see that Gundogan made it seem like he was going to close in on henderson, so Angelino took a couple steps back and went towards the box, only for Gundogan to abandon the chase and then take some steps back towards the same direction Angelino was heading towards!

Play Foden.
I also think we should be playing Garcia in cental defence and not Fernandinho. Pep is too reluctant to play young players.

Not an easy one this and I can see why Pep up to this point has been sparing in his use of Foden and reluctant to play Garcia and Harwood Bellis in Premiership games. But after today’s defeat at Anfield and the nature of our defending in a number of games this season following the loss of Laporte, I’m now of the opinion that he should be playing these youngsters. Time to see what they are made of. The transfer ban has probably been the best thing to have happened to Chelsea and their youngsters have certainly stepped up to the mark.

Totally predictable result. Many of us called it pre match but you still get the "Wipe your fannies" merchants everytime people see and voice it.

All their goals were preventable. Everyone knows to stop their crosses yet they got two in unhindered, two goals. What Bravo and Walker are doing for the third I have no idea. The first Stones is backing off, the ball comes in, Gundogan with a piss weak clearance then no one closes the scorer down.

For me we played okay in patches but too nice and pretty, no devil, no anger, no busting a gut until we did start to get angry in the last 20 minutes. Strange game, still not sure how to explain what I have just written, hard to do so, odd feeling.

Vinny just said we get outmuscled in midfield there and I agree. They got very fortunate but their physicality, hunger and energy won that for them in the first half. People can say we looked good near the end but they were 3-0 up and let us play. One of those days, been a bit like that all season. Soft goals conceded and missing and not having any luck at the other end. On the non penalty, now i have calmed down,I have to admit it would have been harsh and I would have been fuming if it was given against us.

Going forward we need a world class centre half to partner Laporte when he is fit. Stones and Otamendi aren't it. Probably the same at left back, also an upgrade on Gundogan in midfield. I have thought and mentioned this before and today just reinforced it for me.

We have had two incredible unforgettable seasons so we can forgive a dip. If we win a cup or two and kick on in the league, maybe finish runners up, go deep in the champions league I'll be happy. Nobody is giving anything up but nine points behind is going to be some ask.

Fair summary, that

For most of the season VAR has not over-ruled the ref regarding pens. I think it was a pen, but it is an interpretation about deliberate handball.

That moment changed the game, but I wouldn't go beyond it being an unlucky moment.

Sorry that's crap. First, even if you have an acute astygmatyzm and view TAA's hand as in a natural position, their goal should still have been disallowed because of the handball in the build-up. Then their second is offside and Sterling is pushed in the box in the 2H.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.