Liverpool (a) post-match thread

We don’t turn up at Anfield
We get no decisions they get them all
3 goal a season midfielders hit one of those as a worldly against us
Rinse and repeat

Yep an absolute screamer that was. On another day you win that game. I'd be more disappointed losing and playing shit (like Spurs) but I thought it was a great game of football. You carved them open quite a few times today and they're a fine side
Yes they are an outstanding side. I do think they are very reliant on Mane and Salah going forward but they never seem to get injured.

City will need to go on an incredible run to stop them which only seems likely if we get Laporte back. He is an outstanding defender, and also a great play maker from the back.

Sadly I think Aguero has reached the age where his very best days are behind him, and there are signals out there that our chance conversion needs to improve.

City attack so much that we always leave spaces at the back for opponents to score. That's OK if you are ruthless with your own chances, but this season we are not converting as many chances as we used to. KDB also not quite at the level he was. His goals have dried up. He is just a little short. I am hoping that special form comes back. We need 3-4 world class performers to win the trophies.

I don't obviously, they might create some other situation from the free kick (the way we defended today highly likely), but at least there isn't a 22 second breakaway is there ?
That is my point. Nobody knows. When people say "if the penalty is given we would have won". We don't know. we could miss the penalty and they attack and score within 5 seconds. Pure speculation. So it doesn't necessarily follow that A: if we get the pen, we score and win B: they don't score from the resulting free kick and go on to win 7-0. We'll never know

That wouldn’t have been a pen for us last season without VAR, it wasn’t a pen for us this season with VAR. the same incident at the other end would have been a pen for Diverpool last year without VAR, and would have been this season with VAR. VAR isn’t the issue, ITE consistent and blatant bias and cheating that’s the issue. I hate losing but I can just about cope with it. Cheating on the basis of economics (supporter numbers) makes me utterly fucking dick. VAR isn’t wrecking football, but corruption is

Spot on.

judge_6046.jpg

As an impact sub, or it would allow us to play Sterling through the middle. #

Sterling is fast developing into the best player in the game. He was the best player on the pitch today.

Some situations suit Sane more than others but I like it when we play with both Sane and Sterling on the wings.

Our inability to take enough of our chances is hurting us. This has been a theme for a long time. We attack so much that we give opponents chances, but don't take ahigh enough percentage of our chances.

Is Aguero up to the job? Is that sacrilege to suggest it? We were so close and yet so far.
What is certain is the alternative is not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.