Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Forget Var and the ref and our poor defence, we simply miss too many chances. 3 on target shots from 18 attempts and its the same most weeks. Add to our non existent threat from set pieces and this is a big a problem as everything else. We must be the most wasteful team in the league

Exactly this!!

The team just does not take it's chances. Wasting chance after chance with powder-puff shots or missing the target completely.

If they'd taken those chances all the VAR talk would be moot.

All this VAR gurning is embarrassing, maybe the second incident with Alexander Arnold but it was close and his hand was in a natural position. The first hit Bernardo’s hand initially so we were never getting a penalty for that with this years handball interpretations.

We had a problem at Center half, left back and keeper but imo the main problem was the finishing up top. So many chances created, so little for their keeper to do.

Taking that logic into account, the ball hit Bernardo’s hand meaning it should have been a free kick to the Dippers.

The ref was well within his rights to allow them to play on and give them the advantage. However, the moment it hits TAAs arm then he either gives them the original free kick or a penalty.

What the ref cannot do is allow play to continue after TAA has handballed it.

Watched it with 3 other people 1 non City fan & we all said immediately Salahs goal was offside , low & behold when they eventually showed the line across the pitch it didn’t , are we all going mad ...what did they do ...was NASA involved , very very strange.

Bernando would have almost certainly have been pulled up for that but the worst that happens is we don’t get a pen. They don’t go up the pitch and score. Oliver is 5 yards away tops with no one blocking his view and he can’t see that. He is supposed to be our best ref.
Oliver is their go to man when they want a certain outcome, it was John Moss when Leicester won it, its Oliver this season its how PiGMOL roll, in conjunction with the Premiere League obviously

Sterling was almost unplayable.

I'd seriously think about moving Sterling inside and playing Jesus with him. Those two are electric. Put Mahrez on the right and Benardo in the middle. City have so many attacking options. Aguero will always score goals, but he's a little short of pace, and I think we might be better off with different options.
Sterling was the one in the second half that constantly made things happen constantly looking to get on the ball or get in behind he knew he had Trent were he wanted him.
I'd definitely have Bernardo in the midfield three mich more energy and legs about him than when he's stuck out wide. We could do with Gabby getting a proper run in the side let's see what he's really made of with a string of games.

Taking that logic into account, the ball hit Bernardo’s hand meaning it should have been a free kick to the Dippers.

The ref was well within his rights to allow them to play on and give them the advantage. However, the moment it hits TAAs arm then he either gives them the original free kick or a penalty.

What the ref cannot do is allow play to continue after TAA has handballed it.

I've actually raised this very point in the Michael Oliver thread but my post is waiting approval. The other possibility is that the ref felt neither were intentional handballs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.