Liverpool (a) post match thread

Stoned Rose

Given we were contending with

Ederson
Laporte
Mendy
Silva
Sane

All out, Fern playing out of position, Rodri not match fit and young Angelino out of his depth against a very good front 3, I thought we played well and gave it a right good go.

Their first 2 goals are bent as fuck and the ref was a proper **** the whole game.

VAR is just another way to cheat and rig games.

Cant blame anyone today they all gave it their best

Found this recently and it cheered me up a little, wish I'd have found this after the Liverpool game. I'd forgotten all about it but there were some bitters after the Chelsea game, reminding Sterling of a bad call while he played for Liverpool(cost them the title according to some...). Ah the good old days, before refs were in Liverpool's pockets and it was still possible for them to get shit decisions against City, or anyone capable of beating them.

They've had so many calls against City in the past 3 years(infact a lot of the top 6 have bar Arsenal), it's painful to think about them all.

The above is mistake against Liverpool, objectively so, no clutching at straws necessary. These days they have to resort to making a meal of decisions that "could have been given" or even arguing that goal line technology isn't far. Haha!

The worst they've had to deal with recently is Kompany's red card shout, which was a poor one anyway(never a red). I would never say a challenge like that is a red, he won the ball first, so that proves he was genuinely going for the ball, and that Salah was never getting through on goal from a City loose ball, nor was he hurt or in danger of being hurt.

I remember how they acted like it was a well worked Liverpool attack, broken down with a City foul, denying them of a "rightful goal". When it was just miss-hit from Stones, that Kompany recovered. It wasn't two footed and one leg was on the turf before the contact came, which was minimal. He was skimmed with his leading leg and taken out by the trailing leg which was on the turf. Their whole case rested on two feet coming off the ground for a brief moment but that's taking the wording too literal and not thinking about reasoning behind the rules(avoiding situations with the weight of a player coming down on a players limb uncontrollably), they basically made the argument that players aren't allowed to jump.

Rant over, hope the video cheers someone up.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.