Liverpool (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t like these late Sunday kos for big games. It’s runs a coach and horses through my attempts to settle to anything else constructive beforehand during the day, as my thoughts keep coming back to the match.
Is it half four yet?
‘Are we nearly there yet?’

I think the truth, as always, lies somewhere in between?

We have looked assured and done our jobs against all the teams we would expect to beat.

Winning at Chelsea and then United in the semi has only gone to underline we are in a good moment.

Liverpool, however, still represent our biggest test to date and I would not be shocked if our winning sequence comes to an end today.

Like boxing, styles make fights, and the way we demand to retain possession has always been our Achilles heel against this particular team, simply because they can transition so quickly into the three front players who don't need any invitation to suit.

They aren't likely to open us up with passing sequences and, like United, they tend to run out of ideas if the other team cedes possession and places the onus on them to break down the block.

Pep got his tactics spot on the year Mahrez missed his penalty and would be happy to see the same game plan in action today.

A draw is no good to Liverpool, so perhaps that will play into our hands

After United result last night, I would not be unhappy with a draw, and another game chalked off against a top six opponent.

This league is prone to hyperbole and some of the talk about City in recent weeks has been over the top.

We go and win this today, then we can most certainly say Pep has us legitimately primed to win this title!
Agree completely with this. I think we overreacted as a fan base when we had a bad start to the season (pep out we are shit will we get top 4 etc) and now we have had some very favourable fixtures and gone on a good run some pundits and fans are saying the league is as good as over. Make no mistake we are in for a tough month, I’d snap your hand off for a draw today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.