Liverpool Away, Ticket Details on web site

So the changes mean those who have got themselves into a position to be able to go to the vast majority of away games have now been fucked over by City Matters and their merry band of men. Fuck off

Never had an issue last season or the season before with Liverpool away but now suddenly I do since the 18-25 year olds have been handed 5% of the allocation. It's utter bollocks, it really is.
Don't worry mate the Chinese tourists will post some pictures up fo you to see what it was like, if they can put their lfc megsstore bag down first :+(

Agree 100%. I've not had a restricted view at Anfield for about 8 years. Even worse there will be some loyal blues missing out completely because of the new system.

It completely bizarre how these changes have been passed by the club. I've never benefited from the junior pull through, a supporters club or anything else when gaining my points. It's been done off my own back travelling up and down the country, sometimes on my own. I'd worked myself into a position where for the first time last season I was able to get a ticket off my own points for Old Trafford. And now that's been taken away because the club and our rep have pandered to a specific age group without looking at the demographic who already attend the games.

Completely ridiculous

Are these 18-25 not loyal blues?

My lad is 20, only missed 4 away games in past 7 years. Is he not loyal.

Course he is, but the vast majority in his age group won't come anywhere near his level of commitment.

As someone has already said, there will be so many Chinese and Belgians and tourists there that the selling criteria could drop another 3 or 4 levels.

The last 3 years on the OSC coach we have had 20-30 Belgians for the Anfield trip, they're never there for Everton or any of the other less glamorous matches.

It completely bizarre how these changes have been passed by the club. I've never benefited from the junior pull through, a supporters club or anything else when gaining my points. It's been done off my own back travelling up and down the country, sometimes on my own. I'd worked myself into a position where for the first time last season I was able to get a ticket off my own points for Old Trafford. And now that's been taken away because the club and our rep have pandered to a specific age group without looking at the demographic who already attend the games.

Completely ridiculous

I think it's often overlooked in these discussions that it was possible to climb the ladder but it took time and money and effort.

Anyway I hope you get the OT ticket.

Course he is, but the vast majority in his age group won't come anywhere near his level of commitment.

As someone has already said, there will be so many Chinese and Belgians and tourists there that the selling criteria could drop another 3 or 4 levels.

The last 3 years on the OSC coach we have had 20-30 Belgians for the Anfield trip, they're never there for Everton or any of the other less glamorous matches.

That is not a City Matters fault as your mate states.

They have it wrong. The corporate element is preventing them getting a ticket

But they ignore this and spout crap about 5% to younger fans. Those who have been prevented in the past because of points. Not like us in out 40s who had it a lot easier to get tickets when we were young.

Maybe they have used corporate to get tickets so chose to ignore that.

That is not a City Matters fault as your mate states.

They have it wrong. The corporate element is preventing them getting a ticket

The corporate problem will never go away. Money talks. That's just a fact of life.

Butchering a system that was meritocratic and rewarded long term loyalty was an absurd thing to do.

City Matters' 'solutions' are idiotic and insulting, and our 'representative' deserves all the crap that came his way.

Anyway, I suspect that everything that could be said on this subject has already been said, and many times at that, so I'll shut up.

The corporate problem will never go away. Money talks. That's just a fact of life.

Butchering a system that was meritocratic and rewarded long term loyalty was an absurd thing to do.

City Matters' 'solutions' are idiotic and insulting, and our 'representative' deserves all the crap that came his way.

Anyway, I suspect that everything that could be said on this subject has already been said, and many times at that, so I'll shut up.

I would not say that giving 5% to 18-25 year olds is butchering a system, that might be next if they decide to just abolish loyalty points.

We have also to accept that our support is old, very old in some cases and the loyalty points system did and does prevent younger fans having access to tickets. This creates a dull atmosphere (in my opinion) at some away games, what it could also do if younger fans do not get access to away tickets is also put them off going home games. I not saying this is the case but perhaps.

They should have taken the 5% from the corporate pot, it is as simple as that for me.

I would not say that giving 5% to 18-25 year olds is butchering a system, that might be next if they decide to just abolish loyalty points.

We have also to accept that our support is old, very old in some cases and the loyalty points system did and does prevent younger fans having access to tickets. This creates a dull atmosphere (in my opinion) at some away games, what it could also do if younger fans do not get access to away tickets is also put them off going home games. I not saying this is the case but perhaps.

They should have taken the 5% from the corporate pot, it is as simple as that for me.

Butchering the system is not awarding points for away games and preserving the Platinum tax by still awarding points for home games.

I'm old, but always sing, the problem with us not singing, home and away, is a separate issue.

The corporate issue will never be resolved in favour of the average fan, it's a battle that can't be won. The club will always chase the money.

Better to concentrate our energy on reinstating points for away games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.