Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

So then. City have become a sort of “Adopted team by myself as it’s my daughter who is the fan. My first team is forest and honestly the fans at the city ground make more noise than us city fans yesterday.
So City or Forest then ?

I had no problem facing my Liverpool fan bro-in-law today and cheerily asked him with a smile on my face what he thought of the game.
He was delighted of course, but the conversation was more about how Liverpool nearly fucked up the one off gift of a half we gave them.
I told him that we haven’t played that bad all season and gifted them two if not all three goals and yet, that team really could have got a draw if not a win out of a supposedly very strong Liverpool side.

We won’t see Pep select that team again this season but Klopp was very nearly at best eleven and they really ran out of steam after 45 minutes of football.
To be honest, they were more worrying in my eyes (if I was a Liverpool supporter) than we were.
I don’t mind not getting to the FA cup final and my only minor gripe would be that, if we are giving some players a cautionary or well deserved rest, then I would have been in favour of giving some of the kids a chance, but I won’t second guess Pep. After all his half-time team talk, which I suspect merely consisted of introducing everyone to each other, was a master stroke in itself.

We learned more about them than they would have about us and I hope the extra game and the pressure and perhaps self doubt that may creep in, gets them in the end.
After all, Pep and Klopp have to be very aware that if we meet again this season it will be in the CL final. They know that we will not select that team again and we will not play that bad again.
Pep may be living rent free in Klopp’s head after yesterday.

That’s my theory anyway.
We’ll soon see, what our form is in the remaining league matches.

I went yesterday and the whole trip probably cost me close to a grand for me and my lads. I also left at half time with both of my boys in tears.

But I don’t blame Pep or the players one little bit. If I blame anyone it’s the dirty bastards at Atletico and the fixtures computer. We had no choice but to play that team and I’m happy to see the bigger picture.
Depends if we win the others or fuck them up tbh. You are making some big assumptions
Masterstroke or massive fuck up. One decision, Ederson, and we win that game yesterday.
You can play a never before back 4 and Eddie, and probably get away with it.
A never before back 4 and a guy who visibly shat his pants in the biggest game of his career was one inner smart arse move too many.
Next few weeks will decide.
After that first half shitshow they owe us.
Second half they paid a little bit of it back. But not all
Shame your lads were so down. Horrible place to lose a game, thankfully we don’t lose there that often. Hope your lads see us picking up a cup there next year.
My nephew was 6 when we took him to Wembley for the Wigan final and he was heartbroken. Been to every final since and never seen us lose.
Hope your lads enjoy the same

I had no problem facing my Liverpool fan bro-in-law today and cheerily asked him with a smile on my face what he thought of the game.
He was delighted of course, but the conversation was more about how Liverpool nearly fucked up the one off gift of a half we gave them.
I told him that we haven’t played that bad all season and gifted them two if not all three goals and yet, that team really could have got a draw if not a win out of a supposedly very strong Liverpool side.

We won’t see Pep select that team again this season but Klopp was very nearly at best eleven and they really ran out of steam after 45 minutes of football.
To be honest, they were more worrying in my eyes (if I was a Liverpool supporter) than we were.
I don’t mind not getting to the FA cup final and my only minor gripe would be that, if we are giving some players a cautionary or well deserved rest, then I would have been in favour of giving some of the kids a chance, but I won’t second guess Pep. After all his half-time team talk, which I suspect merely consisted of introducing everyone to each other, was a master stroke in itself.

We learned more about them than they would have about us and I hope the extra game and the pressure and perhaps self doubt that may creep in, gets them in the end.
After all, Pep and Klopp have to be very aware that if we meet again this season it will be in the CL final. They know that we will not select that team again and we will not play that bad again.
Pep may be living rent free in Klopp’s head after yesterday.

That’s my theory anyway.
We’ll soon see, what our form is in the remaining league matches.
Suits me to think of yesterday as a moral victory.

By some distance this is the best thing I've read about yesterday's game.

First few paragraphs of this resonated. Not sure about the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.