Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

My take on events before the game. Not that it’s really worth anything.

I got to my seat with ten/fifteen minutes or so to go. Was having a good time in the torch with some cracking lads. Sun was out and was a really good atmosphere.
Tannoy played blue moon but then maybe it was me but they played their never walk alone stuff and seemed louder and longer. Annoying and seemed to rile a few near me.

Then I think there was an announcement regarding a minute reflection or similar.
I can only speak for myself and those around but it was observed. Yes I heard a bit of something coming from another part of the ground but couldn’t really make out what was going on. It certainly wasn’t a whole section of city fans disrespecting the silence but it feels now in the media etc that it was our whole support in on it when that’s not the case.

I stayed silent and I know thousands of other city fans did to. I knew they would have a silence and I think given how close the game was to the anniversary it was and it being on semi final weekend they were quite entitled to it.
In the week I watched a bit of an interview with the hicks family. I’ve always thought mr Hicks and his wife are very very dignified and talk very well on the subject and what happened to them must be the ultimate nightmare.

Anyway I’m rambling but I just felt that some of the attacks in the media and on here are a bit uncalled for. I had a few messages of mates yesterday about the disruption and about staying classy.
Well I did stay classy. I stood, I stayed silent and I remembered.

Fucking hell, a journalist who gets it. Who understands a lot better than a section of our support actually. Well done to him in a world of hyperbole and bullshit.
Yep. Said many times, for all the "bias media" stuff that goes around on here I often think many journalists are more understanding of Pep, the team and his decisiona than half our fanbase.

I still thought it was a minutes applause. So did hundreds around me. Then when everyone realised everyone went quiet.
Apart from a lad in front who I think had some
Issues anyway. He started chanting city. A bloke told him to shut the fuck up and he did.

We couldn't get out of our own half for 75 minutes
Anyone actually got any stats? (Possession, touches in opposition half, pass completion?) I've seen Thiago was good, but Salah was poor (which wasn't my impression during the game).

I think the woman shouts "always the victims" twice. Barely worth a mention really, however they've gone into full morality mode so anything they can do to show our fans in a bad light is gleefully pounced upon.
3000 United fans will be singing that tomorrow night but I bet the **** won’t tweet anything about it because it’s easier for them to go after a lone female.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.