Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Think people have to accept that Pep really doesn’t like the timing of the fa cup, games in Jan on the back of a busy Xmas schedule and the latter stages around Champions league games, it (quite rightly) becomes less of a priority, especially after winning the domestic treble & getting no plaudits outside the club, there’s a reason he’s won so many league cups & lost several fa cup semis.

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.
Give your head a Wobble!

To me it was always gonna be tricky today you lot have just come through a brutal quarter final they had the job done a week or so ago ........... I mean had Pep gone out and played his full strength and you ended up picking up a few injury’s I doubt the majority of you lot would have been happy with that ????? That team in my opinion was more than strong enough to beat them and the reason you didn’t was down to basic errors and genuine sloppy play ........... I really pity Watford now

He very rarely turns up anymore. Fantastic player for us tho and deserves to leave with his head held high. Same goes for the rest.
Anyone can see his level of technical ability lets him and us down at crucial points in games on a regular basis. When you need a sure first touch or instant control he just doesn't have it. He will get goals but even those are becoming a distant memory.

Pep in Europe is a different animal. I think Pep also lost to Wigan away from home in the FA Cup?
Mancini for all of his faults would have won it for us by now. I'm convinced of that.
Yeah I fully agree that Pep is definitely not the best in Europe, no where near in fact, but Mancini didn't exactly convince me in Europe either.

How many more FA cup semis are we going to squander in the foreseeable future? Might as well just stick with our forte, the Carabao Cup and let the kids play FA. We really should be doing better in this competition but since we last won, it's been back to back to back underwhelming and half-arsed performances in the semis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.