Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

A fair point that.
Was Eddie nursing an injury though?
I seem to recall him getting a knock in the match against Atleti.
Could of been. It’s been suggested the Gundo was carrying a knock and we know that Kev had stitches in his calf. My problem with that is that none of them should have been on the bench then as they’re not fit.

I also think it’s worth remembering that Ederson almost ’did a Steffen’ last week, under no pressure and, if he’d been a Liverpool player, he’d have had multiple death threats by now, as Karis did.
That was literally the first time that Eddie nearly fucked up since he signed for us in 2017 He is in a different league to any other keeper with his feet, he is integral to the way we play and I believe we really missed his presence yesterday

I am over it now.

If we go on to win the Premier League/Champions League or even both.

A lot of people might see it from Pep perspective. A necessary Evil so to speak

Make no mistake though, that team selection yesterday was Pep putting 2 fingers up at match going fans who had paid earned money to go to London to watch the Blues.

Sure everyone knew we had to make changes after that brawl in Atletico.

No one had a problem with that. No one wanted KDB risked being out for the season.

But 7 changes, literally no midfield or defence, and a Keeper who has howlers in him every time he plays.

Pep is a smart Man, he knew that game was going to end only one way yesterday. After gutting the side.

We were rather unlucky in the end which made it even more frustrating.

There are still some fans remember the days we competed for, and won fuck all. I am one of them, so yes it is hard to take throwing 3 Semi-Finals 3 years running a new English record.

Liverpool and United have a lot of southern based fans, bandwagon jumpers if you like from the 70's, 80's and 90's, so it's easy for them to traipse to Wembley every time and make up the numbers. I'd bet 40% of the Liverpool fans yesterday didn't have a scouse accent.

It’s not too dissimilar at Anfield. I work with a scouser and you can actually have a decent conversation with him about football.

He says they limit their season tickets and only have 27,000. It equates to about half their ground. Lots of the rest are day trippers from all over and he hears all sorts of accents.

Whereas I think we have about 40,000 season ticket holders. Our support is predominantly local.

It’s not too dissimilar at Anfield. I work with a scouser and you can actually have a decent conversation with him about football.

He says they limit their season tickets and only have 27,000. It equates to about half their ground. Lots of the rest are day trippers from all over and he hears all sorts of accents.

Whereas I think we have about 40,000 season ticket holders. Our support is predominantly local.
Remember the empty stands at OT and Anfield when that volcano in Iceland stopped flights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.