Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We won 18% of our games with 4+ goal difference, 9 out of 50, which is not bad at all. But........seven of those came before the turn of the year and five of those 7 were achieved before the third week of October. And we are conceding goals for fun from unenforced errors and against the flow of the game, so I give us 0% chance tonight. And compare their stats and our stats in CL this year, it goes heavily against us. I just want to see a good and consistent performance for all 90 minutes tonight and win, even if only 1-0 or 2-0. False hope is much worse than no hope!

This is what has annoyed me the most about this whole scenario; should we do it and get the scoreline we need to progress, we can't prepare for the next stage of the CL as well as we'd have liked because of the result on Saturday as we still need to secure the title. At this stage of the season I feel it's a step too far for the CL, so if we're going out, we're going out fighting.

It will be a different game tonight, they have to balance trying to score and trying not to concede, at their place they went all out but this time they don't need to so we will see. I think Klopp has to go for it, they only need a goal really to get it done.

Their lack of midfield could be their weakness and hopefully Pep will exploit.

Eddy, Walker, Otta, Kompany, Delph/Danilo, Fern, Silva, KDB, Sane, Sterling, Aguero for me, take no prisoners.

Our chances to get through are vert limited to say the least. Impossible? No.

I don’t think we should throw everyone foreward from the start. If we play our normal game, including the first half vs the scum, we will press opponents more than enough and create chances. We do need to be really clinical in front of goal.

If we can turn it over it would be a huge step growing in to this league. The support needs to be when we played Hamburg. I.e. electrifying. Even when it’s not going our way. The 15min spells that happened to us might happen for us.

I remember the Hamburg game. An early goal was needed, but wasn't it Hamburg that got it? I think no matter what kind of football is served up, no matter what kind of mother of all batterings the Dippers might get, no matter that the entire City team put on their own individual match of the season, no matter that the tie is well and truly alive with the second half all to play for, no matter that the Dippers' asthma medication has been left behind, we are gonna get shafted one way or the other.

I think I was the first to forecast the score in the MatchDayApp. I put 5-0 with a Raheem hat trick! It was showing that a 5-0 was shared by 100%! I was gonna put 11-0 but yer can't have double figures!

you know it'll be a workmanlike 2-1 win :D

One goal just before half-time, one just after and the rest of the game trying to get two would be my strategy

Flying at them fro the off could be suicidal

The second half against us and the game at Everton has shown how they’ll play. Sit back and defend for their lives.

We will have to break them down.

But we are better at breaking teams down than when we are pressed.

It’s all about an early goal for us

All long as the players give there all that's what counts. But next season I'd expect us to be more mentally focused and ready for all knockout games.

We won 18% of our games with 4+ goal difference, 9 out of 50, which is not bad at all. But........seven of those came before the turn of the year and five of those 7 were achieved before the third week of October. And we are conceding goals for fun from unenforced errors and against the flow of the game, so I give us 0% chance tonight. And compare their stats and our stats in CL this year, it goes heavily against us. I just want to see a good and consistent performance for all 90 minutes tonight and win, even if only 1-0 or 2-0. False hope is much worse than no hope!
I'd rather not see a 1 or 2 nil win to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.