Liverpool icon Hansen: Man City players just not that good

Joga Bonito

Liverpool icon Alan Hansen says Manchester City's signings are being found out.

The former Reds captain believes even Carlos Tevez isn't on the level needed to bring the title to Eastlands.

Hansen told the Daily Telegraph: “City cannot point to the loss of the injured Carlos Tévez as the reason for their bad week, however. With the money they have spent and with the players they have, you cannot be so reliant on one player.

“Tévez is an exceptional player, but you have to remember that Manchester United chose to let him go.

“When he played in a front three with Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney, nobody could argue that Tévez was anything but the third ranking player in that threesome.

Tévez isn’t of the same calibre as Ronaldo or Rooney and City, for all of their spending, have so far signed very good players rather than great ones.

“And until they break into the Champions League, they will struggle to attract the very best and will find it difficult to acquire the leader that they need.

“But it was always going to be a bumpy road to where they want to be and the last few days have only proved that to be the case.”

If City players are just not that good than Liverpool players must be fucking wank.

mike1923 said:
Well Tevez is certainly no Dirk Kuyt or David Ngog....

Part of what he says is true in respect of the difficulty in attracting the worlds top players. Champions league is absolutely essential for us.

mike1923 said:
Ahahahaha you reminded me of Kuyt who talked up a storm before our match going on about their history

footy's weird, 2 weeks ago i was only looking at chelsea, pretty sure we'd be the ones trying to chase them down. Now I'm looking over our shoulder at Spurs/Everton hitting form and thinking - shit, we could come 6th!!

Same manager, same players - no panic. It's a blip.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
mike1923 said:

Part of what he says is true in respect of the difficulty in attracting the worlds top players. Champions league is absolutely essential for us.

yeah cos the spuds have really attracted some top world class players this season??

I seem to recall United offering him a 5 year deal

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=</a>{f9e570e6-407e-44bc-800f-4a3110258114}&newsid=6634810

Joga Bonito said:
Liverpool icon Alan Hansen says Manchester City's signings are being found out.

The former Reds captain believes even Carlos Tevez isn't on the level needed to bring the title to Eastlands.

Hansen told the Daily Telegraph: “City cannot point to the loss of the injured Carlos Tévez as the reason for their bad week, however. With the money they have spent and with the players they have, you cannot be so reliant on one player.

“Tévez is an exceptional player, but you have to remember that Manchester United chose to let him go.

“When he played in a front three with Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney, nobody could argue that Tévez was anything but the third ranking player in that threesome.

Tévez isn’t of the same calibre as Ronaldo or Rooney and City, for all of their spending, have so far signed very good players rather than great ones.

“And until they break into the Champions League, they will struggle to attract the very best and will find it difficult to acquire the leader that they need.

“But it was always going to be a bumpy road to where they want to be and the last few days have only proved that to be the case.”

If City players are just not that good than Liverpool players must be fucking wank.

whilst i hate the fooker and pretty much everything he says like it or lump it based on what we have seen this season Liverpool and Chelski apart he is absolutely 100%

Personally if i was manager i would pin these quotes on the fookin changing room walls at Eastlands and Carrington on the team but and print it on the toilet papaer when the players wipe there arse.

And of that dont motivate them sad fact is he is bang on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.