Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Cancelo didn't do his job to make space for Grealish. Grealish needs an overlapping LB to enable him to flourish. Not his fault the club still haven't bought one. Pep needs to work out how to use Jack properly. Pre-season games it looked like progress was being made on this front. This game back to the same old problem of Cancelo occupying the same space as Grealish too often.

While I'm on the topic of these two: Jack lost the ball 6 times (least of everyone) and Cancelo lost it 22 times (most of everyone). Cancelo gets a big pass from this fanbase for being a pretty shitty defender.
I can agree with this - Not sure I see Jack on the wing. Cancelo has been on of our best attacking options at times, when coming inside from left back. Foden is the answer for me he can stretch teams more from the left - and hopefully as you say a new overlapping left back to accommodate Grealish

List of threads that we can expect in the next 9 months:

Positives to be taken from todays defeat
FFS
Grealish cost 100million
Overreactions to todays performance
Pep overthinks it again
We should of signed a left back
Is Haaland really all that?
Fuck the family stand, they are responsible for the bad atmosphere
Can we win the league again?

Let’s get back on topic now please. Can always start a separate thread about the merits of the national anthem if necessary.
You're right, I was writing my post as you posted this one so please feel free to discard mine.

If there was a summer tournament then I see the logic behind having practically no pre-season, but with all the players together from day 1 and no tournament, what excuse do we have for being this unfit? Why do we have to keep playing catch up? Why can’t we just turn up looking ready?
When's the last time under pep we looked ready straight out of pre season?

May I just say that to me the National Anthem, although it is worded ‘God save our Gracious Queen’ etc is not just sung for her/him. No to me it represents my love of, and for, my country England/Britain.

Would I prefer that we had a separate anthem of our own as Wales, Norn Ireland and Scotland plus most other Commonwealth countries have? You bet your life I would but unfortunately we don’t. Therefore, to me to boo our National Anthem is (pardon the pun) an anathema and disgraceful.

I know that for certain sporting events they play Jerusalem and some would prefer Land of Hope and Glory but I think we should have something newer and more representative of our diverse country.

So today when the morons from down the East Lancs booed I was not a happy bunny, putting it mildly!
JMHO

Thing is they didn’t boo the anthem in the league cup 2016, so it’s a new phenomenon this anti royalty stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.