Liverpool (N) - FA Cup - Sat 16th April, 15:30 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCFC1993

Live on BBC1 for those in the UK. Kick off time 15:30 (BST).

Going to be tough this, up against a well rested team as they managed to rest 7 players versus Benfica. We went through it tonight and some of our lads probably need a decent rest.

In my opinion Liverpool are favourites given the rest and players available to them but our lads will fight for everything.

You could almost make the argument to completely focus on the league game v Brighton, you could if I wasn't already going to Wembley!

There's a good chance Walker is out for this one. Not sure on De Bruyne's situation, I thought he was just icing for recovery to be honest.

2 competitions down this week, 1 to go.

Team Prediction:
-----------------Steffan
Cancelo---Stones---Laporte---Ake
-------------------Rodri
--------Bernardo----Foden
Jesus---------Sterling------Grealish

Not sure whether De Bruyne, Bernardo and Rodri have the legs, I would play them if they do. I would play Ederson and apologise to Steffan, this is the one game where we need our press resistant keeper.

Last edited:
We were flagging after 60 minutes tonight and it would be madness to throw more of them back into the fray. We'd likely lose and pick up more injuries.

It’s likely that Steffan, Dias, Ake, Zinchenko, Dinho, Sterling, Grealish and Jesus will have to start Saturday. Gundogan should probably be ok as he missed the Liverpool match. Question is whether who else plays, Mahrez? Foden? Bernardo?

Whatever happens Saturday, we have to be able to play a decent side against Brighton.

Going to be very difficult after tonight’s game and getting kicked off the park whilst Dippers played a 2nd string team and resting all their players, then there is the Oliver factor on top.
But we are capable of winning but just cannot keep missing the chances we are at the moment if we are to win

Dias, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko, Fern, Gundogan, KDB, Grealish, Jesus and Sterling should be the starters. Really difficult match, and we will lose it most likely knowing Liverpool rested all their major players, and we just went through war in Madrid

Big advantage to them being able to rest players tonight and I feel like we will be missing de bruyne and walker bare minimum.

Something like

Ederson
Cancelo
Laporte
Stones
Ake
Fernandinho
bernardo
Foden
Grealish
Jesus
Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.