Liverpool next week is more important than you think.

MCFC BOB

Fred's Patio on me: "Mr. Self Appointed Lord of Wh
If we win that game, I would feel confident about our chances of a top four finish - a feeling I haven't felt since the end of the January transfer window.

We really need to attack Liverpool's weak defence. And we need to carry on the team spirit and fight from the Sunderland game and attack Liverpool from the beginning. We are almost impossible to beat when we go infront; but when other teams go infront against against us we findd ourselves struggling to get back into the game. We've picked up 48 points this season when we've taken the lead first, and we've only picked up 8 points from losing positions.

We need to score first.

We win this, and that's Liverpool more or less out of the race for fourth. If Braga can deposit of Liverpool then we certainly can if we're on top of our game. Next weekend could be a springboard to push us on to bigger things.

If we're going to pull our fingers out, then the time needs to be now. We won't win every game from now until the end of the season, but we could at least have a go and get almost 20 points from the games against Liverpool, Blackburn, West Ham, Everton, Spurs, Stoke and Bolton. We can get at least - you'd expect - a good 13 or 14 points from those games. But it's down to the players. Based on the results we've had against these teams this season, we'd end up with 12 points, which would be enough for 68 points. But we need a win in at least 4 of these games to feel safe about fourth.

Please, just kick into gear now! We can pick up 21 points from our remaining games. We need to get going. Come on, Blues, please, for us?

MCFC BOB said:
If we win that game, I would feel confident about our chances of a top four finish - a feeling I haven't felt since the end of the January transfer window.

We really need to attack Liverpool's weak defence. And we need to carry on the team spirit and fight from the Sunderland game and attack Liverpool from the beginning. We are almost impossible to beat when we go infront; but when other teams go infront against against us we findd ourselves struggling to get back into the game. We've picked up 48 points this season when we've taken the lead first, and we've only picked up 8 points from losing positions.

We need to score first.

We win this, and that's Liverpool more or less out of the race for fourth. If Braga can deposit of Liverpool then we certainly can if we're on top of our game. Next weekend could be a springboard to push us on to bigger things.

If we're going to pull our fingers out, then the time needs to be now. We won't win every game from now until the end of the season, but we could at least have a go and get almost 20 points from the games against Liverpool, Blackburn, West Ham, Everton, Spurs, Stoke and Bolton. We can get at least - you'd expect - a good 13 or 14 points from those games. But it's down to the players. Based on the results we've had against these teams this season, we'd end up with 12 points, which would be enough for 68 points. But we need a win in at least 4 of these games to feel safe about fourth.

Please, just kick into gear now! We can pick up 21 points from our remaining games. We need to get going. Come on, Blues, please, for us?

Your right Bob me old boy, if we win this one it sets us up to finish the season on the front foot. In honesty i think we only need 15 points but i would take near on maximum as a defo 2nd place

They were terrible against WBA on saturday. Offered absolutely nothing other than a long ball to Carroll. Only person to be careful of is Suarez.

If we play the same team at Anfield instead of pussying out for a 0-0, we'll go there and beat them comfortably. Their season is over. The weekend just gone was huge and we've almost cemented our place in the CL.

MCFC BOB said:

We need to score first.

Bob, on March 8th you said...

'City will gain Champions League qualification when Liverpool beat Tottenham at Anfield.'

I didn't realise that the January transfer window extended that far...;)

I think we will be garanteed a top 4 place we have a 6 point gap on Spurs and our goal difference is worth another point. Spurs look mad iffy at the moment. They are rocking big time VDV looks a bit of pace teams have become aware of him. Liverpool game is important if we are looking to finish in the top 3. I have said that we have a great chance to go unbeaten for the rest of the season and I still beleive that. If we go for the win at Liverpool it is there for the taking they look weak in the midfield and defence and if we play like we did at the weekend then it will only give there defence a nightmare on the night. I think it will be a City win if Mancini is brave to go for it.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
MCFC BOB said:

We need to score first.

Bob, on March 8th you said...

'City will gain Champions League qualification when Liverpool beat Tottenham at Anfield.'

I didn't realise that the January transfer window extended that far...;)
No I didn't...

Totnes Blue said:
Gerrards groin is fucked,apparently.

Shame really, King Dong would probably play him in centre midfield to create a bit of romance. A position which he has consistently proved that he is incapable of playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.