Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

I suspect they'll either find a way to bury it entirely, or they will face charges, and if they are charged then that could lead to unprecedented sanctions.

It already has been buried. Have you heard any more about it? No? Neither has anyone else. This is LiVARpool we are talking about.

But do City want to make an issue of it or don't we really care with so many other things to think about? Had we cared about it sufficiently at the outset we would have complained to the FA at that time.
Let's speculate that this was considered to be done and dusted back in 2013 when Liverpool coughed up (without admitting liability of course). Possibly the PL, conscious of its brand image, was keen to keep a lid on this. Then let's also speculate that City, having tightened up IT security considerably, discovered that Liverpool (or someone else) was still spying on us but this time it was from the inside, rather than via access to our systems. Just a hypothesis but, if so, you'd certainly want to make an issue of it wouldn't you?

it’s not mad dreams. Spying on a rival, committing serious fraud and breaking every league rule re conduct should result in a club being removed from the league. Relegation would be a wholly appropriate sanction in the circumstances. Of course you are right - this is Liverpool so it won’t happen but if it was Burnley or Watford it probably would and City would be hung drawn and quartered for such a serious offence.

Still mad dreams sorry mate.

It's going to be interesting if the powers actually take action on this one & don't bottle it.

There's no reason why the dips shouldn't be in the shit & it seems in the face of it an open and shut case.

But I'd guess that and I assume the can that the first step will be to formally charge the coaches that jumped ship. Proving that the dips knew it was happening or the info from the said scouts was tainted is perhaps a bit harder to do.
The FA should just tell the coaches that they will be banned from all football activity for 2 years, but if they tell us all, 1year.

I think they'd be looking at a fine rather than pts deduction if found guilty. Something similar to the West Ham/Sheffield Utd Tevez fine; £20-£25m.

I don't believe that there is any way a pts deduction would fly - it would be appealed immediately.

I'd think that it would be no more than £5m, at worst for Liverpool.

I don't believe that there is any way a pts deduction would fly - it would be appealed immediately.

I'd think that it would be no more than £5m, at worst for Liverpool.
The Times called it the most serious scandal in the history of the Premier League. Still a pointless discussion at the moment. The first hurdle to pass is getting the Premier League, FIFA etc to open a fornal investigation. At the moment they are at the information gathering stage before deciding if they are going to formally charge LFC.

Reactions: MCC
What Liverpool paid £1m to hush up is criminal bahaviour by two of their employees acting in an official capacity. The FA have become very controversial in recent years and threatened with government action to make them fit for purpose, and they are taking an enormous risk if they try simply to sweep criminal behaviour under the carpet. The FFA and Uefa had to take action in the case of Tapie and Marseille in 1994 (when Marseille were European cup holders) and the Italian FA as well with Juventus, maybe simply because action was also taken through the criminal courts, but also because other clubs pressed for action. So, I don't think we're talking about slaps on the wrist here and if City believe Liverpool's hostile actions did not end in 2013 we can make sure action is taken with the support of the courts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.