Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse_Jimi said:
Getting rid of Mancini, for me anyway, smacked of Chelseas level of patience with the manager...that's why I feel your owners are short termist, I know they're investing a lot in the area but I just don't see when your kids will ever get played...

Edit: Where on these forums would I find reports on your youth teams and signings - interested found your youth thread :)

Think you've got the wrong end of the stick there. Mancini was sacked for a number of reasons, but one of them was his lack of interest in youth development

Scouse_Jimi said:
stony said:
Short termism ? You need to read to research a bit more Jimi before coming out with ridiculous statements like that. The initial investment in players was needed in order to catch up and has already slowed down considerably. We are however putting a lot of money into the academy.

Khaldoon has said time and again that our aim is for the academy to produce a large percentage of the first team in the near future. We've been busy snapping up the best young talent from around the world and the investment in the new training facilities/academy is unprecedented in the English game.

complex_2339413b.jpg

I know all about your youth complex plans, very grand indeed but what I said was short termism in relation to the manager. If he plays the kids and loses the league - he'll be out on his ear.

Getting rid of Mancini, for me anyway, smacked of Chelseas level of patience with the manager...that's why I feel your owners are short termist, I know they're investing a lot in the area but I just don't see when your kids will ever get played...

You're wrong again Jimi. Mancini wasn't sacked because we didn't win the league or the FA cup. He would still have been sacked if he'd have won the cup. His reluctance to give youth a chance and his demands for big money buys every year didn't help his case one bit. Like I've said, youth development is high on our agenda and Mancini wasn't interested in this.
Nothing short term about our owner. The club is still developing and the academy is a huge part of our future. Which is why we are investing in it.
Our owners are nothing like Abrahmavich, both Hughes and Mancini were given time and money, and both were found wanting. In Mancini's case it wasn't just the results.

stony said:
You're wrong again Jimi. Mancini wasn't sacked because we didn't win the league or the FA cup. He would still have been sacked if he'd have won the cup. His reluctance to give youth a chance and his demands for big money buys every year didn't help his case one bit. Like I've said, youth development is high on our agenda and Mancini wasn't interested in this.
Nothing short term about our owner. The club is still developing and the academy is a huge part of our future. Which is why we are investing in it.
Our owners are nothing like Abrahmavich, both Hughes and Mancini were given time and money, and both were found wanting. In Mancini's case it wasn't just the results.

Well that's an outsiders view on things for you, they never know the whole story...

Scouse_Jimi said:
stony said:

Well that's an outsiders view on things for you, they never know the whole story...

I can understand where you get the idea from. On the surface, sacking Mancini after he'd brought us 2 trophies in a short time seemed stupid. However, there was a lot more to his sacking than just results. There was also the feeling that he seriously underperformed with the players he had available. He was happy to spend £20-£30M on a player and then dump him a year later and demand more money for new players. Instead of trying to manage his way out of a tough spot, he wanted to throw more money at it. That isn't the way our owner wants to go.

stony said:
I can understand where you get the idea from. On the surface, sacking Mancini after he'd brought us 2 trophies in a short time seemed stupid. However, there was a lot more to his sacking than just results. There was also the feeling that he seriously underperformed with the players he had available. He was happy to spend £20-£30M on a player and then dump him a year later and demand more money for new players. Instead of trying to manage his way out of a tough spot, he wanted to throw more money at it. That isn't the way our owner wants to go.

Yup, that's exactly what I thought..I withdraw my short termism quote (until Pellegrini gets sacked hehe) ;-)

Seriously though - it will be interesting to see how MCFC integrate their youth, I really like the look of that Guidetti lad you've got.

Scouse_Jimi said:
stony said:

Yup, that's exactly what I thought..I withdraw my short termism quote (until Pellegrini gets sacked hehe) ;-)

Seriously though - it will be interesting to see how MCFC integrate their youth, I really like the look of that Guidetti lad you've got.

Pellegrini won't be here long term, but he'll be in a Head Coach role as opposed to out and out manager you're familiar with. It's guys like Txiki and the men in the back who will be here long term and will push the club into a Barca kind of structure where the head coach will do his job for a couple of years then either success or circumstances will dictate he'll be replaced by someone with a similar philosophy who fits into the framework of the club.

Scouse_Jimi said:
stony said:

Hughes who wasnt even their own "man" got two years. Mancni got over 3 years at city how manay manager last that long? Look at yourselves Woy half a year, KK, one year . supporters of liverpool football club are not in the position to talk about short term managers. And to compare us to Chelsea is an insult that pathetic club change at least one manager a year and cant be compared to any other club.

apart from that, nice to have you here! i enjoy talking to liverpools fans. deluded but nice.

Syth said:
Didn't Dalglish manage only a year at your place Jimi? :P

A year and a half...

I don't count uncle woy as, well...I'd rather forget about him.

We've had a turbulent few years, the club was nearly 'doing a Leeds' until our current owners came along and their knowledge of football was limited hence why they foolishly trusted Comolli as well as financially backing the 'expert' - Downing £18m, Carroll £35m....

We should be a little more stable now...interesting point that JoeMercer'sWay made, that's exactly the model LFC are working towards - A style of play that doesn't change, the Academy, Scouts and backroom staff all stable and a head coach/manager who could be replaced without having to rebuild the team every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.