Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
What amuses me is not so much that Liverpool have signed some decent players, because they have, but how the narrative is all about potentially overhauling City. Pretty sure that both Spurs and United finished ahead of them - in the latter instance six points ahead of them, which is a pretty sizeable margin. And for all the narrative about United, they too have strengthened this year by signing Fred. We hear an awful lot of defensiveness about how they're not saying they will win the title, but finishing ahead of United seems to be an absolute given. Weird.

My worry is that Liverpool have a reasonable run-in at the end of the season;

Southampton away
Chelsea home
Cardiff away
Huddersfield home
Newcastle away
Wolves Home

They have tough(ish) winter period, but if they come out of that with any momentum it could be closer than we think.
I can see six games there against teams that might be fighting for every point they can - Chelsea to finish as high as they can, the others to avoid relegation. That may not be as easy a run in as it looks on paper.

Liverpool are 'still Rocky Balboa, not Ivan Drago' - Klopp

What the actual is he serious trying to win the title with mind games!

Klopp putting the message out there that everyone will get behind them because city are hated. Jeez he's desperate
So, he's comparing Liverpool to an old has-been, living on past glories?

Liverpool are 'still Rocky Balboa, not Ivan Drago' - Klopp

What the actual is he serious trying to win the title with mind games!

Klopp putting the message out there that everyone will get behind them because city are hated. Jeez he's desperate

So what Klopp is saying is Liverpool are,
Poor white trash idiots with so bad accents nobody can understand them, and can throw a lucky punch now and a gain.

To be fair he is 100% spot on. Lol

I wonder if this will take its usual course ??
2llk684.jpg

Just dived into a pub on Upper Street in Islington to avoid the rain and spent ten minutes listening to a Cockney Red talking football to a Scouser wearing a 2005 Champions League tee shirt. Just so you all know for future reference: Stevie G will follow Klopp as Liverpool manager and Louis Suarez is desperate to leave Barca and get back to Liverpool. I couldn’t help but ask the poor twat if he thought they could bridge a 25 point gap or whether next year would be their year. He looked ready to give me a slap, the Cockney Red just burst out laughing and shook my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.