Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may seem that people are being harsh and singling Liverpool fans out here, for an automatic bashing, just for simply being Liverpool fans.

The trouble is, besides the ones that make it obvious by wading in with insults in their first post. We've seen too many Liverpool fans on this thread, that start off trying to display good intentions(the respect that a rival fan should display on an opposition forum), only to reveal their true colours within a few days with the usual guff: arab, oil, buying success, Liverpool do things the right way, Peps a bald fraud etc. It's normally just an act to get people to take them seriously enough to hear their utter shite.

Yeah you’re right, they all did want out. Klopp gets away with it more than other Managers because of where we were when he came in. Our squad now compared to back then has improved massively. If he doesn’t win anything this year, it will be a shame (for us) but we’re all still behind him.

Someone said a moment ago we’ve basically been anonymous for 13 years. As long as we feel like we’re competing with the best (Barca, City etc) I think the fans will stay happy. Klopp will be more gutted than anyone he’s not won anything yet.

Good news for us is if we can be considered in the Top 5-6 teams in Europe then not everyone can play for City or Barca. Liverpool would be seen as a decent option. Especially for any footballer watching the current PL Top 4 race.
Where you were when he came in?

You were 15 months removed from being three wins away from being Champions. Hardly Bolton Wanderers levels of fucked.

Genuine question, honestly, style wise aside how have Klopp's 4 years in charge been better or improved than Liverpool under Rodgers?

Suarez and Coutinho always had the La Liga dream. No surprise as that’s basically most South American footballers dream.

Torres to win trophies and join a big club. Believe those were his exact words after he slammed in a last minute transfer request.

Alonso I’m not actually sure about to be honest. Wouldn’t say he was a forced sale on our part from memory. I’d have to look it up
Our south americans have stayed with us so that's not true,they will stay where they have chances to win titles

You were 15 months removed from being three wins away from being Champions. Hardly Bolton Wanderers levels of fucked.

Genuine question, honestly, style wise aside how have Klopp's 4 years in charge been better or improved than Liverpool under Rodgers?

I mean we had strikers of Sturridge, Lambert, Borini and Balotelli the season before.

Also season prior Skrtel was our best defender. A 34 year old Toure or Lovren too. Our defence was basically a joke as it had been for decades. Not Bolton level no lol, but not a Top 4 level side either. Way too much deadwood remained in our squad.

I suppose the above leads to your question. I see Klopp as a much smarter manager than BR because he addressed our defensive weaknesses. He’s made as more of a unit. I’m not saying it didn’t cost us but for the first time in the PL years we are a balanced team. For years we relied on Gerrard and looked to recruit in attack. We made rag level transfer decisions on our defence. Even 5 years ago I enjoyed every game because the scores were insane but everyone could see we had a shite defence and goalkeeper and we were a liability at the back.

Yeah you’re right, they all did want out. Klopp gets away with it more than other Managers because of where we were when he came in. Our squad now compared to back then has improved massively. If he doesn’t win anything this year, it will be a shame (for us) but we’re all still behind him.

Someone said a moment ago we’ve basically been anonymous for 13 years. As long as we feel like we’re competing with the best (Barca, City etc) I think the fans will stay happy. Klopp will be more gutted than anyone he’s not won anything yet.

Good news for us is if we can be considered in the Top 5-6 teams in Europe then not everyone can play for City or Barca. Liverpool would be seen as a decent option. Especially for any footballer watching the current PL Top 4 race.

I'm not being snidey with this, it's a genuine point;

Even if you do attract players that are looking at 'pool as a stepping stone/shop window or whatever, it's not necessarily a bad thing. eg I never thought Suarez intended to stay, and where would you have been without him?
But VVD seems something different. He seemed to very much want to go to there. If he stays the perspective could alter.

They haven’t.

It’s still kick and rush, headless chicken, do something 50 times and hope it works football.

Tbf to Teeth 1 he didn’t get the incessant rub of the green Teeth 2 has been having this season.

That’s the only tangible difference imo.

I'm not being snidey with this, it's a genuine point;

Even if you do attract players that are looking at 'pool as a stepping stone/shop window or whatever, it's not necessarily a bad thing. eg I never thought Suarez intended to stay, and where would you have been without him?
But VVD seems something different. He seemed to very much want to go to there. If he stays the perspective could alter.

If Barca or Madrid comes in, he’ll fuck off before you can say Southampton.

Our south americans have stayed with us so that's not true,they will stay where they have chances to win titles

Agreed and that’s fair enough. Where we haven’t been involved in many title challenges, or winning any for that matter, that’s why they’ve been leaving us. The lure of La Liga and Barca will also play a part. Otherwise they could go to Bayern, PSG etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.