Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot number 6, I think under Ball everyone of our performances were immediately forgettable. Can you remember any game you enjoyed under his reign, I think I remember Nicky Summerbee breaking our winless duck over Bolton but that was it for high points.

The first win of the season, was it against Villa, after Curle missed a penalty.

Or am I getting my games mixed up?

Liverpool I reckon are going to play their strongest team in every game from here on. They'll be going into the Wolves games a bit fatigued, but I don't think that'll matter. If we're still ahead going into the Brighton game we'll almost certainly win and Liverpool being at less than 100% against Wolves won't matter; a win would be futile. If somehow we cock up and they're ahead then they'll probably have a huge load of motivation to overcome any tiredness, with Coady there in case the rest of the Wolves team don't follow the script (and Wolves would need a result should Leicester beat us). They might even sack off the Barcelona game in that case.

Hopefully they go into the remaining games knowing only a win is acceptable.......obviously there is a lot of pressure that go’s with that approach

But City will also add a piece or two which negates them adding a piece or two.

Next year they’re unlikely to enjoy the same luck and 15 point swing from 4 different keepers throwing it into their own net the dying minutes and 11 offside goals also.

They’re a good team but they aren’t special.

Also factor in the ‘possibility’ some of their top talent will move on......there are a couple of top clubs that need to replace ageing players.

I would think Firmino, Salah, and Mane are three players that will attract a lot of attention in the summer......we all know pool are a selling team

Lol, indeed there were some comments, but has he been called fit to burn years after he left?
By that I mean an effing twat, cnut, arsehole, and all the other stuff that's now flying at Rafa for having
the audacity to play a fixture that they must win?

That was the point I was trying to make.

Practically all of the posts I read nowadays concerning Manuel are complimentary.

Yes we did,but to be fair we were on a season of a lifetime,fearing nobody,especially at home,early goal sets it up nicely,and all that applies to Liverpool,however this is Barcelona,do you think they'll get done 4-0 "under the lights" ? Or not score themselves ? I don't,it's over and that's that.
No I don't and agree, but they probably laughed at us for thinking so last year too, and lets be honest they are on "a season of a lifetime" too.

I personally hope, like us last year, that they lose a vital game between the 2 CL games, and then go out to a VAR penalty at 4-0 up having had 3 disallowed VAR goals of their own.

But I don't blame them for hoping, we all do that.

Yep, it's standard for them and it's why the combination of not having both fullbacks and leaving Firmino out was such a bad idea.

It also helps to explain why van Dijkhead has had such a good season. Two or three defensive midfielders make any central defender look good.

Just ask John Terry.

But City will also add a piece or two which negates them adding a piece or two.

Next year they’re unlikely to enjoy the same luck and 15 point swing from 4 different keepers throwing it into their own net the dying minutes and 11 offside goals also.

They’re a good team but they aren’t special.
They may also lose a couple of pieces too.

I agree, very good, but not special, and as you say their points tally contains a large slice of luck, and "funny" decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.