Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has yet to reach a verdict ;) As far as I am aware, Liverpool "made the payment without the club or any of the individuals accepting any liability or wrongdoing, with the allegations never tested in court". There could be many, many reasons for this, even innocent reasons.

However, if it does go to court, etc and it is proven, then I'm not going to be impressed.

Not impressed with being found out , proven or both ?

I expect the club would also be " unimpressed " after their attempt to buy their way out trouble , sorry that should have read " misunderstanding " .

Let's say liverpool win the league this year whilst throwing all the cup competitions, it should be looked at as a failure because we won 4 trophies in one year including the league. One domestic trophy doesn't make you a great side.

Let's say liverpool win the league this year whilst throwing all the cup competitions, it should be looked at as a failure because we won 4 trophies in one year including the league. One domestic trophy doesn't make you a great side.

I think very few experts/pundits/journalists would rate it as a failure. Most experts/pundits/journalists will see it as a success, and most Liverpool fans will be over the moon.

I think City fans are a bit harder to please, at this point in time.

Settling out of court in most cases presumes guilt of sorts doesn't it? Liverpool doing it the Liverpool way again.

Not at all mate. A case that can be settled, should be settled. Court is time-consuming, expensive, stressful, etc. Sometimes settling is the easier way to deal with it, even if innocent.

I could argue, why were City willing to settle?

Anyway, we'll have to see if it amounts to anything.

We haven't thrown all the cup competitions, though? We are still in the FA Cup and the CL, and have won the Super Cup and the Club World Cup already.

We haven't thrown all the cup competitions, though? We are still in the FA Cup and the CL, and have won the Super Cup and the Club World Cup already.

So, City get slated for winning the Charity Shield by beating Liverpool, and it’s not a proper trophy according to Liverpool fans.

Yet Liverpool beat Chelsea to win the Super Cup in a one off match, and then beat 2 teams, one shite, and the other one on penalties to win the Club World Cup, and you class them as proper trophies?

Do us a favour.

Another delusional Scouser starts posting on the BM Liverpool thread.

So, City get slated for winning the Charity Shield by beating Liverpool, and it’s not a proper trophy according to Liverpool fans.

Yet Liverpool beat Chelsea to win the Super Cup in a one off match, and then beat 2 teams, one shite, and the other one on penalties to win the Club World Cup, and you class them as proper trophies?

Do us a favour.

I think you are pissing into the wind jrb .

Do us a favour.

I'm not classing them as anything but just trophies. I don't really care what people say about the Community shield, Super Cup, CWC, League Cup, etc. Trophies are trophies. City as a club included the Community Shield in their "fourmidables" brand, didn't they? Yes, you're going to get sets of fans that belittle certain trophies, but I don't really care about all that. Trophies are trophies, however significant or insignificant they are.

Not at all mate. A case that can be settled, should be settled. Court is time-consuming, expensive, stressful, etc. Sometimes settling is the easier way to deal with it, even if innocent.

I could argue, why were City willing to settle?

Anyway, we'll have to see if it amounts to anything.

You do understand, don’t you, that there is no basic argument about what happened? That ex employees of MCFC, whilst working for LFC, illegally accessed MCFC’s computer systems? There might have been arguments about whether LFC should carry the can for the illegal acts of their employers, and there might have been arguments about whether the fair amount of compensation should have been more or less than the £1m agreed on. Sometimes settling is better than fighting in court, not least because it avoids the publicity, but in this instance it is not because there is any argument about the illegal activity that went on.

But you carry on telling yourself that there is nothing to see here if it makes you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.