Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad was mates with Richard Beckinsale and still keeps on about missing him to this day. Becky was apparently a brilliant bloke, Ive heard many tales

I'd bloody love to hear some of them, mate. Sod the lockdown, I'd get walk up there from London to buy you and your dad beer all night and listen to memories of Richard. For me, there's never been a finer comedy actor ever....and I'd include people like Sellers in that. Aside from the tragedy of losing him so young, we were cheated of possibly seeing him do non-comedy roles. I think if you can do comedy that brilliantly, you can smash anything. R.I.P. Richard.

Never seen that before - thanks for putting it up.

Loved the chants at the end. I think the quality chants the crowd can sometimes do are about the only thing I miss, with me not going to live matches.

About 20 years ago, I took a mate (a Gooner) to Highbury, as he didn't have a season ticket, and never had the dough to get an 'aftermarket' match ticket for any games,

Anyway, they were bumming Leicester 5-0 when Leicester had about their only attack of the game. The little Leicester contingent gave it "Come on Leicester, come on Leicester". It was the most pathetic, half-arsed chant I've ever heard at a game......until about 30,000 Arsenal fans boomed out "Come on Leicester, come on, Leicester" with them.

Last edited:
I'd bloody love to hear some of them, mate. Sod the lockdown, I'd get walk up there from London to buy you and your dad beer all night and listen to memories of Richard. For me, there's never been a finer comedy actor ever....and I'd include people like Sellers in that. Aside from the tragedy of losing him so young, we were cheated of possibly seeing him do non-comedy roles. I think if you can do comedy that brilliantly, you can smash anything. R.I.P. Richard.
Richard Beckinsale was a truly gifted actor who was taken far too early.
The thing was, whatever role he played, he made you believe in it.
A fine actor indeed.
R.I.P

55323b93f08e78887de36798c855e566.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.