Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fairly sure that 99.9% of people on this forum are against this whole ESL idea.

It really does sadden me, makes me feel old and a real dinosaur. The fact that when I still lived over in England I used to love going to a game, any game. Yes, it was always great to get back and see Liverpool when I could, but there was a pleasure in going to a local game, a ground you hadnt been to before. Meeting new people and experiencing new things. It weas all about the game and the fans. This whole thing just shows it is now all about the money.

I know this has been the case for years. Indeed to some extent this is very similar to the whole notion of the Premier league, when they broke away wanting more money and control. At least the PL offered some degree of democracy and equality. The fact that people had to get there and stay there on their merits.

This new creature is the bastard offspring from the PL almost. More and more power concentrated yet without the meritocracy. The Lords & master sitting on high deigning to throw money down on those below them.

It is indeed a sad day that Liverppol have gone into this. I shouldnt be surprised with all the machinations previously about "Project Big Picture" etc and with our USA "franchise" owners.

So much pain and heartache now for the fans seeing the game we love being taken further away in the quest for money...although I wasn't obviously "away @ York" ..... (or maybe I should just claim I was) It is that very thing, the rise and fall, the hopes and fears of football, taking that away makes this whole scheme so nasty.

Last edited:
Once smelt never forgotten. The contrast in the bogs in the new and old Kippaxes showed long overdue progress...even if the old ones remained.
I was once taken short and had to crap in a bog on the Kippax. Awful. The pan was already half full of shit and the thing didn't flush properly. The door wouldn't lock and I had to shout incomers to go away.
Not a pleasant experience.

Anyone think Klopp stopped just short of throwing the Dippers owners under the bus tonight in his pre match interview?
He'll be off to Munich by the end of the month especially if they resist the super league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.