Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a lot to choose between our sides if we are both at full strength. Different styles but both effective as the challenge for honours shows. The two league games were draws but for large sections of both games you were outplayed. Poor finishing and shit refereeing cost us the win. You should have had a player sent off in both games and the Sterling "Goal" was subjective. Forget the semi final of the fa cup we were understrength and our keeper was affected by the usual malaise keepers seem to be struck down with when facing you.

It's a shame both clubs and fans can't enjoy the rivalry with better sportsmanship and humour but I guess that's never going to happen.
Agree totally with that...

Now...Im not going into WUM mode as although it is slightly different I would liken tonights game to the game v Arsenal in '89. I recall how I felt sitting in the pub in Woolwich as Thomas scored so I can empathise with tonight.

I really thought you were gong through and even near the end I thought you would get one to take it to pens.
I was torn as to who I wanted to play in the final. I honestly thought that I would prefer to play Madrid simply as I thought it would be marginally easier than playing City. Possibly as I would almost have rather lost to them than to City aswell. After that tonight though you do almost wonder if Madrid are destined for #14 and as someone else said, in order to win it and cut out alot of the talk of winning it by not playing anyone decent, well it would have been nice to beat City to at least get over that.

Reading through the match thread after the fact I can appreciate the reactions but I am amazed at some of the comments towards Ederson and Cancelo. people saying that Ederson is shit yet so much of your play comes from him and he is one of the best in the world! Who on earth would you rather have?
Cancelo I have thought has almost been your player of the season and yet he gets so much crap.

But looking at it I think so much was down to Walker going off. A huge loss and its going to be one hell of a loss for the last few games.

Madrid are going to be one hell of a tough game and Chelsea have run uis close this season so nothing is taken for granted...and that is without the very high possibility ( as I see it ) of Son or Kane getting something against our high line. Take nothing for granted!

Agree totally with that...

Now...Im not going into WUM mode as although it is slightly different I would liken tonights game to the game v Arsenal in '89. I recall how I felt sitting in the pub in Woolwich as Thomas scored so I can empathise with tonight.

I really thought you were gong through and even near the end I thought you would get one to take it to pens.
I was torn as to who I wanted to play in the final. I honestly thought that I would prefer to play Madrid simply as I thought it would be marginally easier than playing City. Possibly as I would almost have rather lost to them than to City aswell. After that tonight though you do almost wonder if Madrid are destined for #14 and as someone else said, in order to win it and cut out alot of the talk of winning it by not playing anyone decent, well it would have been nice to beat City to at least get over that.

Reading through the match thread after the fact I can appreciate the reactions but I am amazed at some of the comments towards Ederson and Cancelo. people saying that Ederson is shit yet so much of your play comes from him and he is one of the best in the world! Who on earth would you rather have?
Cancelo I have thought has almost been your player of the season and yet he gets so much crap.

But looking at it I think so much was down to Walker going off. A huge loss and its going to be one hell of a loss for the last few games.

Madrid are going to be one hell of a tough game and Chelsea have run uis close this season so nothing is taken for granted...and that is without the very high possibility ( as I see it ) of Son or Kane getting something against our high line. Take nothing for granted!
surely there are far far far better keepers than ederson somewhere in this world?

They will beat Madrid 5-0 they don’t miss the chances we do
No we won’t. You guys still don’t get it, ignoring the mental aspect of things. They’re mentally stronger than anyone in the champions league. PSG and Chelsea were also supposed to beat them quite comfortably.

They will beat Madrid 5-0 they don’t miss the chances we do
There's no chance they're beating Madrid 5-0. Madrid are favourites for me. They're absolutely clinical and won La Liga with a month to spare. They've also proved twice that they know what it takes to beat top English sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.