Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
VVD looks heavy, I doubt he will come back from his injury the same as he was before it.
I think he will get to the same level as before the injury. Once you become a candle burning, entitled and blame everyone else scouse t××t its not difficult to get back to that level.

Wasn't sure that two of the goals were down to VVD.
From my viewing I thought that so much was down to Franks set up and planning, aswell as Toney being a real handful.
We all know TAA is great going forward but is by no means a strong defender and the overload they got on him twice suggests it was something they had looked at.
You guys wont have a Toney figure up front but will certainly cause as many....if not a damn sight more problems.
I'm looking forward to it...but not looking forward to it.
Ok fair enough for the two of them but fabinho marking on the first goal? Where was his commanding there. Brentford’s second goal he was nowhere near the header.
For us next week we know your fans will be their giddy selves, the hype and attention will be on anfield so we will go there as champions with no pressure, play our game anything more than a point is a great result.
We know that we can still go on a great run regardless of the result.

Ok fair enough for the two of them but fabinho marking on the first goal? Where was his commanding there. Brentford’s second goal he was nowhere near the header.
For us next week we know your fans will be their giddy selves, the hype and attention will be on anfield so we will go there as champions with no pressure, play our game anything more than a point is a great result.
We know that we can still go on a great run regardless of the result.
So, a win then?

I'd like to have a closer view at vVD's last man tackle on Toney if possible. Did he get the ball first? Did he go through the man to get the ball? Looked like he totally cleaned him out to me, but it seems that I'll never be sure because nobody's showing it. Weird eh? ;)
I was just about to post similar. The tackle looked suspect at the very least. The commentator immediately said it was 'excellent' defending and then effusively came out with more praise. Yet nobody got to see this apparently wonderful football again. The ref was miles behind. Neither VAR nor the TV company showed it again and MoTD saw no need to consider it.
So like you my own view was it was a foul and red card but the lack of any other view of the incident convinces me something was decidedly dodgy.

I was just about to post similar. The tackle looked suspect at the very least. The commentator immediately said it was 'excellent' defending and then effusively came out with more praise. Yet nobody got to see this apparently wonderful football again. The ref was miles behind. Neither VAR nor the TV company showed it again and MoTD saw no need to consider it.
So like you my own view was it was a foul and red card but the lack of any other view of the incident convinces me something was decidedly dodgy.
...and the red card would have seen him banned for a game against which team? ;)

We've been here before though haven't we.

TAA needs to be targeted. Phil and grealish need to keep running at him. It will take 50 fouls but eventually he will get 2 yellows. The guys a liability defensively and there's no chance he will contain grealish, foden/bernado & cancelo. On the other side Jesus will rattle Robertson, jesus' work rate will send the snidey jock insane. We just need to watch out for;
1) diving in the box.
2) long ball breaks
3) mane injuring a player
4) weak reffing allowing their fouls not being booked.
5) opposite of above our players getting booked for 1st fouls and then unable to press as aggressively.
6) klopp continuesly in the ear of the 4th official, pep needs to point this out.

Lfc are now the Kings of the dark arts. Pushing players into advertising boards, off the ball kicks, leaving a foot in during tackles & blocks, mane's elbows, follow throughs and high feet. All this on top of diving, surrounding refs, klopps antics and none of this is covered by the media. I've never seen players get away with swearing or verbally harassing refs as much as Henderson, taa & Robertson does without bookings.

All in all its a frustrating team to watch, as you compare your teams treatment to theirs and its fucking annoying. Mario punches the floor, yellow card. Henderson gets in the refs face screaming at him, telling him to f off and the red walks away from him wtf??? Anyway, I always expect a loss against them in a dodgy way as to not go crazy so anymore than a defeat is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.