Status
Not open for further replies.
Words fail me....

keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.

xx.gif

Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Faro Financial Fairplayers

« Reply #19446 on: Today at 03:42:10 pm »

There's a small part of me (not that part) that still holds out some hope that there will be a breakthrough, a leak, a whistle-blower, or some other event that brings them down and exposes the whole facade for the doping scandal it really is.

It took years to finally bring Armstrong down as so many people were in on it, including his team mates, managers, plus doctors and officials. There was also the Calciopoli scandal in Serie A which probably seemed bulletproof until it all unravelled.

At some stage I think we'll reach a tipping point where they are either found out, or where other clubs are able to combine to put enough pressure on FFP, UEFA and the FA for them to act.

That may sound overly optimistic, but if it continues much longer then the pressure to level the playing field will only intensify, and the motivation for organisations like Der Spiegel to expose more fraud and money laundering will be huge. I have no doubt there are still plenty of people doing plenty more digging to find a breakthrough.

It's amazing they've gotten away with it this long - especially as no-one seemed to question why in 2011, Eithad Airways decided that the best way they could get more global exposure for their brand would be to sponsor the stadium and shirts of the 2nd best club in Manchester, paying more than it cost FSG to buy our entire club a year earlier.

It's like a crime that everyone knows has taken place (and which everyone can see the effects), but either no-one wants to bring the perpetrator to justice, or they have so many expensive lawyers that it's not worth the fight.

In years to come, I sincerely hope there are lectures being given in Law School, citing 'The Peoples Game vs Manchester City', as a landmark legal case that exposed one of the biggest financial frauds in sporting history.
I hope the medical schools give lectures on footballers and asthma entitled ,

"The benefits of drugs to enable two thirds of your squad who suffer from asthma can overcome this condition and win the Premier league"

Happy New Year everybody.

Money laundering? Is Sheikh Mansour the deputy prime minister of the uae or is he selling coke? Fuck sake.
Words fail me....

keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

xx.gif

Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Faro Financial Fairplayers

There's a small part of me (not that part) that still holds out some hope that there will be a breakthrough, a leak, a whistle-blower, or some other event that brings them down and exposes the whole facade for the doping scandal it really is.

It took years to finally bring Armstrong down as so many people were in on it, including his team mates, managers, plus doctors and officials. There was also the Calciopoli scandal in Serie A which probably seemed bulletproof until it all unravelled.

At some stage I think we'll reach a tipping point where they are either found out, or where other clubs are able to combine to put enough pressure on FFP, UEFA and the FA for them to act.

That may sound overly optimistic, but if it continues much longer then the pressure to level the playing field will only intensify, and the motivation for organisations like Der Spiegel to expose more fraud and money laundering will be huge. I have no doubt there are still plenty of people doing plenty more digging to find a breakthrough.

It's amazing they've gotten away with it this long - especially as no-one seemed to question why in 2011, Eithad Airways decided that the best way they could get more global exposure for their brand would be to sponsor the stadium and shirts of the 2nd best club in Manchester, paying more than it cost FSG to buy our entire club a year earlier.

It's like a crime that everyone knows has taken place (and which everyone can see the effects), but either no-one wants to bring the perpetrator to justice, or they have so many expensive lawyers that it's not worth the fight.

In years to come, I sincerely hope there are lectures being given in Law School, citing 'The Peoples Game vs Manchester City', as a landmark legal case that exposed one of the biggest financial frauds in sporting history.
Hilarious. But we really shouldn’t laugh at the clinically depressed and mentally ill.

Words fail me....

keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

xx.gif

Like all conspiracy theories, this suffers from the problem that in reality there is always someone who leaks the truth, except where are they?? cf 9/11 loonies. Poster can get fucked.

Last edited:
Words fail me....

keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

xx.gif

How has he typed that with a straight jacket on?

How about lectures on ferral mobs killing 39 Italians or the tragedy that can not be mentioned!

Words fail me....

keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

xx.gif

I think more interesting is how our media can use complete lies and shape peoples thinking. Scary really. Its like the dark ages.

Words fail me....

keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

xx.gif

That’s the maddest post I’ve ever seen on Rawk. Bless them.

Words fail me....

keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

xx.gif

Anti vaxer

Words fail me....

keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

xx.gif

Have to hand it to the dippers. Turning our success into a spurious reason to be victims once again.

Sky sports leading a racist agenda against the ACON. The racist undertone is unreal.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has fined Standard Chartered Bank (Standard Chartered) £102,163,200 for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) breaches in two higher risk areas of its business. This is the second largest financial penalty for AML controls failings ever imposed by the FCA.

Standard Chartered fined $1.1bn for money-laundering and sanctions breaches. Standard Chartered has been ordered to pay $1.1bn (£842m) by US and UK authorities to settle allegations of poor money-laundering controls and breaching sanctions against countries including Iran.

Even though FSG knew that, they still extended Standard Chartered Bank shirt sponsorship deal.

View attachment 33184
S
You could say Standard Chartered are "sportswashing" their image by sponsoring Liverpool ..... I wonder what the losing bid was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.