Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t doubt that the organisation would have been a shambles and, personally speaking, no amount of money would persuade me to spend an evening in Saint Denis as the place is the absolute pits.

But a large number of ticketless fans did try to break into the stadium and issues with fake tickets would have exacerbated the underlying lack of organisation. However the media will never call out the behaviour of ticketless, drunken Liverpool fans, nor Klopp for encouraging them to travel to Paris. Absolutely no connection will be made between last night’s piss poor behaviour and other tragedies.

Frankly, given the cocktail of pissed up scousers, Saint Denis and the French riot police I’m surprised that everybody seemed to have gotten out of there in one piece.
I think this is a fair summary. Sounds like there was culpability on all sides but I think the number of ticketless fans and fans with forged tickets rocking up last night led to the problems later on. In particular, I think those with the forged tickets caused most of the problems as alluded to in UEFA’s statement. Fact is that in the days of electronic turnstiles, trying to scan in with a forgery is doomed to failure. That in turn leads to a delay behind and can also lead to the turnstiles being shut down altogether. It’s rumoured that there were thousands of Liverpool fans who had forged tickets so it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that there is going to be utter chaos, tempers will get frayed, and the police will move in and deal with it in whichever way they see fit. No doubt some innocent fans were unfairly targeted last night and that’s wrong but I have no sympathy for those acting like dicks and jibbing in, etc, getting a pasting.

There needs to be a warts and all investigation, and if some of the blame for what unfolded is apportioned to those Liverpool fans who misbehaved, had no tickets, or had forgeries, then Liverpool FC have to own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.