Local Elections

Voted for 3 local independents. Can’t be any worse than the usual suspects and it is about local issues.

To be honest more people should do this in my opinion - puts a rocket up the established parties arses - see what UKIP did to the Tories and as we currently have the offer of A or B every time why not go for Z91 as an alternate? As you say particularly in locals then one would assume local candidates know more of what is at stake.

To be honest more people should do this in my opinion - puts a rocket up the established parties arses - see what UKIP did to the Tories and as we currently have the offer of A or B every time why not go for Z91 as an alternate? As you say particularly in locals then one would assume local candidates know more of what is at stake.

are not all council election candidates local though?

All 3 I have voted for live no more than 10-15 mins walk away from my house (and one sits down the rows from me at eastlands)

Choice was 3 from labour x3 libs x3 green x1 and tories x2 candidate wise and am supprised the tories bothered putting up as
Gorton North will stay Labour tbf, we had a lib dem once and they were shite.

Not sure how much of a barometer this will be tonight - mostly labour wards etc and some safe Tory councils - it could be from this hard to call locals that pollsters extrapolate one party 100+ landslides that lead to disasterous GE's being called.

Hmmmm - reports of people being turned away in the boroughs trialling the new id standards for voters - taking your polling card no longer enough. As its mostly labour wards and councils up for grabs you have to hand it to the govt they are pulling out all the stops to try and win....

Hmmmm - reports of people being turned away in the boroughs trialling the new id standards for voters - taking your polling card no longer enough. As its mostly labour wards and councils up for grabs you have to hand it to the govt they are pulling out all the stops to try and win....

Of course it’s only happening for Labour supporters.

For crying out loud you’re like Scousers.

After I complained to my local councillor about pot holes he arranged for the ones in my road to be repaired so he got my vote. Just got the rest of Manchester to sort out now.

Of course it’s only happening for Labour supporters.

For crying out loud you’re like Scousers.

If people are being turned away and the vast majority of the seats/wards up for grabs are Labour held what do you think? Somehow the minority of Conservative voters are somehow being rooted out and turned away? Do me a favour if anybody is being dipper like its you and the "not us" mentality

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.