Local Elections

If people are being turned away and the vast majority of the seats/wards up for grabs are Labour held what do you think? Somehow the minority of Conservative voters are somehow being rooted out and turned away? Do me a favour if anybody is being dipper like its you and the "not us" mentality

Your post insinuated the government was intentionally making the new system not work for Labour voters.

I’m laughing as typing that it’s so ridiculous.

I know conspiracy theories are all the rage on the left these days but fucking hell.

What is the “not us” mentality anyway? I’m intrigued.

for once in a life-time i put a cross next to the Libdem candidate, making the same decision as ( i suspect ) many who cannot differentiate between national and local politics. Immigration will be the crucial factor imo, which will help the tory vote, along with the media blitz on immigrants.

for once in a life-time i put a cross next to the Libdem candidate, making the same decision as ( i suspect ) many who cannot differentiate between national and local politics. Immigration will be the crucial factor imo, which will help the tory vote, along with the media blitz on immigrants.

whilst I take your point isn't it daft that a Central Govt policy will rule a Local Govt election? The Conservative Councillor down your street can probably get your local park cleaned up or the bus shelter repaired. They can do fuck all as a councillor to deal with national immigration.

Your post insinuated the government was intentionally making the new system not work for Labour voters.

I’m laughing as typing that it’s so ridiculous.

I know conspiracy theories are all the rage on the left these days but fucking hell.

What is the “not us” mentality anyway? I’m intrigued.

The frustrating thing with posters sometimes is they simply don't know enough stuff about stuff, really, really, basic stuff, so they end up posting something like this, calling bluethrunthru's post ridiculous when it is a given, in every democracy in the world, that if you introduce id requirements at polling booths, it disadvantages the disadvantaged and the poor, who tend not to be particularly well educated and in some cases illiterate, or English isn't their first language, but what these people do have is a greater tendency to vote Labour, if they vote at all, rather more so than the educated middle classes who tend to vote Tory.

These excluded people often don't carry id with them or are intimidated by authority and bureaucracy, they tend not to be plugged in to the system in the same way as those who are motivated to vote are. Those people who are well plugged in to the system have a tendency to vote to keep the system as it is.

The changes brought in by the Tories have also disadvantaged students, again, a demographic more likely to vote Labour. In fact if you look at the history of voting it is always the liberal left who have advanced the plebiscite and the right that has restricted it, sometimes through legislation, sometimes through bureaucracy and always through the insidious drip, drip, that politicians are all the same, nothing can change, so keep things as they are.

Everywhere the right, to varying degrees, puts barriers in the way of the poor voting, from gerrymandering to boundary changes, this is well known, it isn't even contentious, you need to read up on this stuff before you blurt out piffle like this.

Looks like Maybots “Hostile environment for migrants” policy as bought all the racists ‘home’ from UKIP.

whilst I take your point isn't it daft that a Central Govt policy will rule a Local Govt election? The Conservative Councillor down your street can probably get your local park cleaned up or the bus shelter repaired. They can do fuck all as a councillor to deal with national immigration.
Canvasing on behalf of a Lab councillor in a working class south Manchester ward , armed to the teeth with the failings of the council (tory ), it was immigration that was the deciding factor; " too many bloody foreigners" ,time and again. It is daft, i agree, but the whole political situation would be a comedy if it wasn't so tragic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.