Lockdown - your opinions/observations

You'll be surprised, I bet the ice cream van will take card! Had a few in the last month at parks and each time they had a card reader available.

Probably, just thought it weird that I haven't handled cash for 4 months, I've always been the sort to always have cash on them.
I know the younger generation don't think the same, lad I work with who is 21 says he hasn't touched cash since he started working, card for everything, always.

I have learned how much money I was wasting, and i've been in the fortunate position of being able to save but also to send the occasional shopping/packages to loved ones at home. Helping them has allowed me to have a tiny bit of control in a situation where I don't have any otherwise.

Pro‘s

My company are now allowing working from home half the week.

Con’s

Life was utter shit.

The economy is wrecked and several colleagues have lost jobs.

I feel like I’ve had 3 months of my life taken away from me.

Probably won’t get a promotion I was due now, for at least 2 more years.

Wrote this on 100th Day of lockdown.

100th Day of lockdown. In that time I have done numerous courses on various things to help in work such as Office 365, SharePoint, Network, Microsoft Teams, Maths, Cyber security, IT Helpdesk, IT Servicedesk, Outlook, Time management, Home working and Mental health during lockdown and when working from home. I have read 9 books ranging from football, a dog handler in Afghanistan, spending less time on social media (bit ironic I'm putting this on social media), a Lee Child and Stephen King novel, couple stories about Mods, and one on a guy volunteers to enter concentration camp. Myself and Nicola signed up to run Couch to 5k and due to do our last run (week 9 run 3) in the next few days. I have tried to keep myself busy with a routine of getting up study bit in morning, read, listen to podcasts or watch TV in afternoon. Partner and myself have motivated each other to do stuff, get out running or walking, having picnics. I have missed our meals out, trips away, not seeing family n friends and off course my City ⚽. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay busy, look after your mental health.

Since writing that have started back to working from home last week after almost 9 weeks on furlough. I think many people's lives will never be the same. Reckon about 300 will be made redundant in work. I should be ok as 6 in our dept taking voluntary redundancy. My sister been diagnosed with skin cancer. Been a tough few months

Having been able to work through lockdown it showed me what the world could be like if everyone wasn’t so selfish, people helping each other, strangers helping strangers, nature coming back, pollution dropping, no selfish pricks on the roads, only those few who thought it was a race track, cunts. When they slowly started to lift lockdown, it was like releasing the great unwashed, it was a sad day, maybe that’s a selfish view, but many didn’t get to experience the world in lockdown, just their homes, the world was a better place.
Yep, in the beginning the community spirit was fantastic to see and then the selfish cunts took over again, what a shame

Woke up this morning hungover AF and didn’t even go out, so it’s made me aware I have an alcohol issue!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.