Lockdown - your opinions/observations

Big lifestyle change for me.
In the 3 months i spent at home i saw how hard it is for my wife to simply get through the day and carry out basic stuff like making a brew. Also seen an upswing in her mood because she's not been alone all day.
If i can be her carer as a job then i'm giving up work and we're gonna enjoy life as much as we can whilst she can still get about a bit.

The lock down brought about a sense of ease and serenity - I live " out in the sticks" so I was quite at ease at not going into town, or into the office, and, of course, the weather was great.
As lockdown eased, football came back, which I was dreading - with Liverpool seeming certain to take our title, and a European ban probably on the way. I couldn't have given a F... about football, especially in empty grounds, and a part of me was secretly hoping for something disastrous to happen, so that the season would be abandoned.
But, then, as lockdown started lifting, we started playing, and after the first 20 minutes, we were great. And, that's how we've carried on - Bournemouth 2nd half excepted.
And sure enough, the scousers won the title, but, we stuffed them on the pitch; they've dropped more points since and can't get our points record; our football has been great; we've won at CAS; Pep's fired up, and we've got trophies to win.
I'm still working from home, and maintaining lockdown as much as I can, enjoying the added serenity which comes with stuffing the hateful 8. Hopefully, we'll add a nail to Arsenal's coffin tonight - another 1 of the hateful clubs, and take another few of them down before this weird locked down season finishes.
Tempting fate, I know, but by the time it ends, in a few short weeks, we might have won 2 trophies, preserved our points record, and beaten the dippers; the Arse; the rags in a final; Madrid; Barca or Bayern; and EUFA in the process, not to mention stuffing various opinion pieces back down the throats of numerous hateful 8 supporting journalists and pundits. And, we could have another treble; we'll have kept KDB, and, still have Foden to flourish beautifully next season.
Life is good - serene still - and long may it continue!
Happy days.

As we start to come out of lockdown I’m interested to hear peoples thoughts on what’s happened over the last few months.

Personally it’s given me a new perspective and focus on what’s important. I know everyone’s circumstances are different but I’ve listed what I’ve found both positive and negative. Feel free to add your own.

Positive
  • Lost weight
  • Lower resting heart rate
  • The rush hour commute is unnecessary
  • More time with family
  • Realised I wasted a lot of money on things like Meals out / drinks /new clothes / lunches
  • After an initial adjustment my work can be done efficiently from home
  • I really enjoy walking
  • A lot of jobs I would have paid someone to do previously I can do myself

• Negative
  • Queuing to get in shops
  • Day to day interaction with people outside your house is important
  • If you watch / read too much MSM it can have a huge affect on your mental health
  • Higher alcohol intake
  • The thought of city winning the champs league in an empty stadium
  • Lack of basic freedoms

Think I could have written all of those. I accept that meals out is not value, in that you can buy and cook the food cheaper at home, but I’ve really missed being able to walk to the restaurants near us when I want to and the value is a nice experience with family and friends so I am happy they are open again.

Having been able to work through lockdown it showed me what the world could be like if everyone wasn’t so selfish, people helping each other, strangers helping strangers, nature coming back, pollution dropping, no selfish pricks on the roads, only those few who thought it was a race track, cunts. When they slowly started to lift lockdown, it was like releasing the great unwashed, it was a sad day, maybe that’s a selfish view, but many didn’t get to experience the world in lockdown, just their homes, the world was a better place.

We're going to tatton Park later, my Mrs just said we'll have to draw some cash out to get the kids an ice cream.
I don't think I've handled any money since end of February.

We're going to tatton Park later, my Mrs just said we'll have to draw some cash out to get the kids an ice cream.
I don't think I've handled any money since end of February.

You'll be surprised, I bet the ice cream van will take card! Had a few in the last month at parks and each time they had a card reader available.

What I've learnt.

I actually need very little money to make me happy.

I can cook

Home schooling a child is by far the most stressful thing I've done in 10 years and I run my own business.

The general public are absolute morons. It's a shame we cant just cull them and move on.

I love my family immensely and need to spend far less time on the unimportant things, realising that the most important people in my life have taken a backseat in my life due to my drive to provide for them.

Football doesnt matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.