Lockdown - your opinions/observations

Been one of the most peaceful, relaxing, amazing 3 months I can ever remember. Me and the wife working from home, kids at home, rediscovered things like cooking, walking, board games, gardening etc. gutted things are going back to normal but I see my life being very different from now on. Life has become much simpler for us and I for one have loved that side of it.

Been one of the most peaceful, relaxing, amazing 3 months I can ever remember. Me and the wife working from home, kids at home, rediscovered things like cooking, walking, board games, gardening etc. gutted things are going back to normal but I see my life being very different from now on. Life has become much simpler for us and I for one have loved that side of it.
I agree with that. Best time of my life. Baking bread, running every day, binge watching TV series which I never did previously. Also listened to all my favourite albums from the 80's daily. Going back to work has severely pissed me off. No value whatsoever in working for someone else

I agree with that. Best time of my life. Baking bread, running every day, binge watching TV series which I never did previously. Also listened to all my favourite albums from the 80's daily. Going back to work has severely pissed me off. No value whatsoever in working for someone else
Yeah running for me as well has been great. Don’t think I’ll be going back to my office or customer site this year so no rush thankfully to get back to the rat race.

I'm amazed by how calm I've been throughout. It's almost like being under house arrest suits me. Albeit I am relatively lucky as at my age I have no work/money worries.

I have noticed though that the nutters are starting to come out. Yesterday on our short car ride to the chemist the missus and me saw two lads on motorbikes doing about 60 in a 30 - with no helmets on! Then just as we approached a mini-roundabout (with priority) some loon on a quadbike overtook a line of waiting vehicles and shot out directly in front of us. Luckily for him, my missus is a cautious driver and was not doing the full 30. If we had been a 4 x 4 doing 40-50 (a far from unusual sight round here) he'd have been spread out over the road like strawberry jam.

I've loved every minute of the lockdown, except not seeing family and friends.

When it first started, the first thing I noticed was how quiet Failsworth was. It was like I remember it was when I grew up, hardly any cars on the road. Just the sounds of birds, not cars, was amazing. The cul-de-sac I live on has always had great neighbours, but together it became almost magical and everyone pulled together.

We did a lot of walking as a family, saw lots of new walks and places right on our doorstep I've not seen before. We also noticed how much friendlier everyone was as well - people who were in their garden as you walked by would stop and talk!

Work life balance has been brilliant - my wife has been home schooling our son brilliantly and I've loved being able to work from home. I love my job, and not being in the office has made me MILES more productive and I think our company are going to embrace homeworking now. It's been great being able to start at 7 and finish at 3 when it's been sunny!

I've loved just pottering about at home, cooking new things and generally realising how much I love where I live and who I live with. That's something I knew, but the lockdown made me realise it so much more.

I totally agree with what @willipp says. Our life will be different now. I've had a taster of what it can be like and it's not going to be easy giving it up. I really don't want to go back to "normal" and I think there will be a lot of other people in the country thinking the same...

On a personal note, the big negative was the rest of the NHS effectively shutting down to deal with Covid.

GP and consultant appointments by phone. Being prescribed medication without actually seeing a doctor. Painkillers that don't kill the pain but are the maximum that can be given due to covid.

My condition is deteriating daily, only likely to be fixed by surgery. God knows when that will be. Trying hard not to crawl into A&E and saying fix me!

Our last ceo wanted to abolish WFH not too long ago, shudder to think what would've happened. If anything it's proven the futility of having everyone in an office 9-5 or longer. My only complaint has it's stalled an abroad move so that's 6 months rent I sorted the week before lock down down the pan but that's small in the grand human scheme.

Annoyingly locally it seems every scally within a 3 mile radius has used the time to source an unregistered moped or dirtbike and ride around like pricks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.