lodgers edit: anyone know property law

Re: lodgers

as a tenant I always do my own dishes and do them after I have finished eating.
With regards to the rest of the house I just clean up after myself, but as I rarely use the front room I don't do the hoovering and such, but then the landlord has never complained.

CTID1988 said:
Never understood why people dont just do their bit. I lived in a shared house with a few mates and a couple of them were just lazy fuckers, when you pull them up on it they just kick off. Fucked them off in the end and the house was a better place for it

Absolutely, they're both adults and I don't understand how they can just not care about their living environment.

I honestly think I was fair, I'd never Hoover until I knew they were awake. One day I waited until four pm on her day off. Yet they'd put music on at 7:00 am, shout up and down the stairs to each other and play with their dog outside my room on my days off

-- Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:14 pm --

foxy said:
When I moved to London for the second time I had a week to find a short term flat and had no choice but to live as a lodger with a really nice Turkish family.

You are indeed right in thinking that lodgers help with cleaning. The house I lived in was huge, there were 2 other lodgers and we shared a bathroom which we cleaned each week. Also always cleaned after myself when using the kitchen.

The lodger scenario is suppose to be win win for both parties. For the Landlord you have private parts of the house where the lodger is not allowed to enter. For the lodger it's a cheaper option than renting, however the lodger should be expected to show a bit more respect as the property isn't theirs to do what they want. I had absolutely no problem with this as I was paying less rent than I would have been if I was renting a flat as a full tenant.

That's what my impressions were, granted rental is always expensive, but I'm sure I saved them at least £200 a month on rent, plus its hard to find places which will allow a dog these days.

It's not even that I expect my property to be respected, as such, but rather I expect people who are part of a household to try and make he living environment good for all of us<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:16 pm --<br /><br />
Stato said:
as a tenant I always do my own dishes and do them after I have finished eating.
With regards to the rest of the house I just clean up after myself, but as I rarely use the front room I don't do the hoovering and such, but then the landlord has never complained.

That makes sense, I'd agree except their dog frequently pissed in the front room, they treated it like an extension of their own bedroom (often sleeping in it) and still didn't lift a finger

I've had people for a short period of time in my house. I rent casually through a family member and have put friends up who've been kicked out by the Mrs or moved to London themselves and are getting started. It's always been for 3 months or so and then they're usually on their way.

I've always known them beforehand so there's never been much trouble. One was beginning to run out of money but fortunately he found himself a new Lady and shacked up with her. I'd not have wanted to kick him out but you can't let people take the piss.

If I were to do it, I would only do it with a single person and deffo no pets

it being let someone lodge with me

Feed-The-Goat said:
roaminblue said:
The Flash said:
What I do know is that this thread is going to be parodied to death.

LOL care to do the honours? I've never had a parodied thread. I think I can at least count on yours to be witty

Don't count your chickens, he's a dull ****.

Love him really

Ha!

Don't mention chickens. Apparently it wasn't good form to start the puns so soon on the Tragedy In China thread.

I'm not sure you can charge people money then expect them to have the same levels of cleanliness/tidiness as yourself. I only lodged once and was lucky I lived with a well educated but slobby geordie who didn't give a flying if I left skids on the toilet or dishes in the sink. Sounds like you need to specify some stuff in your next advert to attract the right people for you.

wayne71 said:
I'm not sure you can charge people money then expect them to have the same levels of cleanliness/tidiness as yourself. I only lodged once and was lucky I lived with a well educated but slobby geordie who didn't give a flying if I left skids on the toilet or dishes in the sink. Sounds like you need to specify some stuff in your next advert to attract the right people for you.

You may be right. I thought I had done, to be honest, but I guess I've learned to not take things at face value<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:33 pm --<br /><br />
buzzer1 said:
Where do you live, Roamin?

London, mate. I know I'm on the wrong board to find lodgers here ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.