lodgers edit: anyone know property law

Re: lodgers

roaminblue said:
wayne71 said:
I'm not sure you can charge people money then expect them to have the same levels of cleanliness/tidiness as yourself. I only lodged once and was lucky I lived with a well educated but slobby geordie who didn't give a flying if I left skids on the toilet or dishes in the sink. Sounds like you need to specify some stuff in your next advert to attract the right people for you.

You may be right. I thought I had done, to be honest, but I guess I've learned to not take things at face value

-- Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:33 pm --

buzzer1 said:
Where do you live, Roamin?

London, mate. I know I'm on the wrong board to find lodgers here ;-)

Ah righteo mate, was gunna suggest the same.. well good luck matey.

buzzer1 said:
roaminblue said:
wayne71 said:
I'm not sure you can charge people money then expect them to have the same levels of cleanliness/tidiness as yourself. I only lodged once and was lucky I lived with a well educated but slobby geordie who didn't give a flying if I left skids on the toilet or dishes in the sink. Sounds like you need to specify some stuff in your next advert to attract the right people for you.

You may be right. I thought I had done, to be honest, but I guess I've learned to not take things at face value

buzzer1 said:
Where do you live, Roamin?

Cheers pal. They've just come home and told me they're leaving immediately without a months notice, so the news gets even better. I'll be out of pocket earlier than I expected

roaminblue said:
Cheers pal. They've just come home and told me they're leaving immediately without a months notice, so the news gets even better. I'll be out of pocket earlier than I expected

Spareroom, Flatmate and Gumtree are all good sites to start with.

roaminblue said:
buzzer1 said:
roaminblue said:

Well get on the case asap, interview the fuk out of em and get things drawn up, am sure you will be fine don't worry.

peoffrey said:
roaminblue said:

Cheers mate. Wasn't aware of flatmate. Will definitely give it a try<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:43 pm --<br /><br />
buzzer1 said:
roaminblue said:
buzzer1 said:

Well get on the case asap, interview the fuk out of em and get things drawn up, am sure you will be fine don't worry.

Yeah, I know mate. Just frustrating is all. Cheers for your positivity, though.

roaminblue said:
peoffrey said:

Cheers mate. Wasn't aware of flatmate. Will definitely give it a try

Flatmate Rooms and Moveflat. Google them.

mcmanus said:
Did they wear grey trackies pants?

Not in my presence, no. But they were horrible people. Just had a chat with them, apparently, they don't care they've signed a contract with a one month clause and are going to get citizens advice bureau on me.

I know there's no way of me getting the money, and that doesn't bother me. But it does bother me that adults can't read and understand contracts that they sign and have the hygiene of a Warthog.

Theyve moved the stuff out of their room, and gone saying they will pick the rest of it up on the weekend. I've just had a look in and its an absolute mess. I honestly can't rent it out like that, and with me working stupid hours July through September its gonna take me fucking ages to get it to rental standards. Absolute cunts

roaminblue said:
mcmanus said:

Not in my presence, no. But they were horrible people. Just had a chat with them, apparently, they don't care they've signed a contract with a one month clause and are going to get citizens advice bureau on me.

I know there's no way of me getting the money, and that doesn't bother me. But it does bother me that adults can't read and understand contracts that they sign and have the hygiene of a Warthog.

Theyve moved the stuff out of their room, and gone saying they will pick the rest of it up on the weekend. I've just had a look in and its an absolute mess. I honestly can't rent it out like that, and with me working stupid hours July through September its gonna take me fucking ages to get it to rental standards. Absolute *****

No no, not at all, get that gear out of my house immediately, you leave gear in MY house after you have left then you lose all rights to re-claim it.. oh and i will be billing you for the state of the rancid state of the room you left, now get out and take ALL you own with you or as i said, LOSE IT.

buzzer1 said:
roaminblue said:
mcmanus said:

Theyve moved the stuff out of their room, and gone saying they will pick the rest of it up on the weekend. I've just had a look in and its an absolute mess. I honestly can't rent it out like that, and with me working stupid hours July through September its gonna take me fucking ages to get it to rental standards. Absolute *****

No no, not at all, get that gear out of my house immediately, you leave gear in MY house after you have left then you lose all rights to re-claim it.. oh and i will be billing you for the state of the rancid state of the room you left, now get out and take ALL you own with you or as i said, LOSE IT.

Like your style mate. Unfortunately I'm neither hard enough or scary enough to pull it off. Fancy coming doing it for me? Lol

I mean, ill tell em that ill be invoicing them for the state of disrepair, but I know there is zero chance of me getting it from them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.