log burners

cheers bud,il try the vents as you say tomo,i just had it burning a right load and the heat output is great, smoke alarm went off but no smoke in the room, i think its the paint curring on it as i recently gave it a make up job, picked this info up on a forum that it can cause this,takes a few fires to cure the paint
Make sure that's not your carbon monoxide detector:/

One of my neighbor's is a chimney sweep and I was chatting to him and he said he is really busy because of log burners . Aperently your house insurance is invalid (in the event of it starting a fire) ifyou don't get them serviced once a year

One of my neighbor's is a chimney sweep and I was chatting to him and he said he is really busy because of log burners . Aperently your house insurance is invalid (in the event of it starting a fire) ifyou don't get them serviced once a year
your right mate,but its like everything else they will find a loophole to get out of paying up if they can,i only realised yesterday my car insurance limits me to 10k miles every year which i have exceeded within 7 months so technically although im insured they will fail to honur paying up if i dont sort the problem out,you know whats next thogh more miles is higher risk so there going to want more bloody money, TBH you would never sleep at night through worry if you read some of the non payout stories from insurance claims,trouble is its no good saying ahhh it will never happen to me because it does, they found a lump on my Mrs tit a few months back so the natural thing was to get some life insurance and the first question was have you ever had a negative mamograme,fortunately for us it was a blocked milk duct

Fuck me...that's just reminded me, cheers.....we have a rental with a log burner and some clown '' IN AUGUST'' complained to the rental agent that the fire ' didn't work ' In FUCKING august....I went down the following week just to check and the tit had tried to light a log with a match, then given up, left it in the fire and complained. Anyway back to the reminder....I need to contact The HETA man to check the fire and the flue even though I swept it out last week.

Is your fire prep right? I always like the stack as opposed to the pyramid, gives you a better platform for the fuel.Like beast said, make sure you have a good fire going before putting a big log on, multiple small ones are better, gives you more air flow and surface area to burn

Just had 1 fitted and we were told it needs to be cleaned every 90 fires.

Much much warmer than the open fire it replaced. Getting low on wood though,so, may need to throw Gretta Thunberg on it.

Just had 1 fitted and we were told it needs to be cleaned every 90 fires.

Much much warmer than the open fire it replaced. Getting low on wood though,so, may need to throw Gretta Thunberg on it.
Depends what kind of wood you’re burning but 90 days is bullshit, someone just trying to get more money out of you. You could of course buy your own sweep to be on the safe side and save yourself a lot of money. I burn mainly pine and fir, probably go 180 burns between cleans and even then there’s very little build up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.