login problems.

Lucky13 said:
Idiots guide for curing this for an iPad please.

Just log in on a browser, answering the capcha question, and you should be OK. I did this, and am back on Tapatalk on my iPad. I can't yet log in on iPhone Tapatalk.

Yay!

Looks like it is back to normal service for me.

Now I will be able to continue posting the same crap that I have been doing for 4 years.

TheBlueDune said:
Damocles said:
WyongBlue said:
Just done the dns cache flush now..........

You aren't using TapaTalk are you?

What's the problem with Tapa Talk?
Getting "Account doesn't exist, please try again"

No problem on laptop - Chrome and Vista

No problem with my Tapatalk.

Sent using Tapatalk for iPad, the foremost app for viewing BlueMoon

Gray said:
Are we always going to have to answer the question going forwards.

It is bloody frustrating!

P.S. - Cleared my cache several times and it doesn't help, is Google Chrome the problem?

Well it's a bit of a long story but I can explain it properly now.

The internet works by every computer having its own phone number - an IP address. This is the method in which they talk to each other. Having to remember phone numbers though is quite difficult for many people so the inventors of the internet came up with something called a DNS system. A DNS system is like a phonebook whereby you type in Bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk and it looks up our phone number and sends you to the compuiters that we own and that hold the website.

Well essentially last week we changed our phone number. The problem is that there isn't one phonebook but many phonebook all local to people around the world, so whilst some of the bigger phonebooks might update with our new phone number immediately, some of them take more time. This is just standard practice.

The problem though was that when we told the people who run our local phonebook that we were changing phone number, they did a bit of a dirty trick; instead of writing in the new phone number and telling all of the other phonebooks what this new number was, instead they kept the same number and redirected all calls that rang it to the new number. In the real world this probably isn't too much of a problem but we have lots of different security checks that make sure that you are who you say you are, one of which is checking you have dialed the right number.

The issue here is that we try to check out what phone number you have dialled and also what phone number you are dialling from like Caller ID. When we were asking for Caller ID for some people their phone wasn't transferring the Caller ID through that redirection and instead we were just getting the phone number of our other server. Due to this the forum was treating lots of you like you were all dialling in from the same place which is why you got the "too many logins" message - another security feature we have.

Yesterday we shouted at the people who were doing the redirection instead of just writing in the new phone number and told them that they were breaking our site. They apologised for their "error" and then did what we asked them to do in the first place. Now this will take up to 3 days to get to every phonebook in the world but most of you should no longer have a problem.

Damocles said:
The problem though was that when we told the people who run our local phonebook that we were changing phone number, they did a bit of a dirty trick...

Probably United fans! Thanks for sorting them out though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.