London's cheapest suburb: Barcelona

adrianr said:
Fly from Barcelona and back 4 days a week for a month and tell me you'd still rather live there. He only finds it manageable because he does a job he can probably finish in the airport lounge.

The guy doesnt actually do it I dont think

johnmc said:
adrianr said:
Fly from Barcelona and back 4 days a week for a month and tell me you'd still rather live there. He only finds it manageable because he does a job he can probably finish in the airport lounge.

I've been doing it every other week since june and I'd give him a month,2 weeks with all the cattle during the summer holidays.

Tuearts right boot said:
johnmc said:
adrianr said:

I've been doing it every other week since june and I'd give him a month,2 weeks with all the cattle during the summer holidays.

Yu have been doing it there and back 4 days a week?

foxy said:
London property property prices are well over saturation point. The place is also over populated in my opinion. I know some crazy commuters myself, one from Peterborough and another from Ipswich. There was a guy I know of who use to go back to Spain for the weekends so this article is pretty accurate.

What's more shocking is a lot of the pricey houses around the centre are empty with wealthy foreigners investing their money in property as a safe haven.

I actually feel sorry those brought up in London as they are the ones who are struggling to afford property.

London prices are not over any point of saturation. The demand is still too high.

We have been keeping an eye on the market for a bigger house nearby. Even in the last year, house prices have gone up as much 20% on the same street in the last year. It's bloody depressing saving money and finding prices rising at a much faster rate.

Even in the sticks in north Barnet, you are looking at £500k for a bog standard 3 bed (with one of them being a box room), semi with shared drive in an 'ok' area. Not to mention, at least 10mins walk to the tube.

Manc in London said:
foxy said:
London property property prices are well over saturation point. The place is also over populated in my opinion. I know some crazy commuters myself, one from Peterborough and another from Ipswich. There was a guy I know of who use to go back to Spain for the weekends so this article is pretty accurate.

What's more shocking is a lot of the pricey houses around the centre are empty with wealthy foreigners investing their money in property as a safe haven.

I actually feel sorry those brought up in London as they are the ones who are struggling to afford property.

London prices are not over any point of saturation. The demand is still too high.

We have been keeping an eye on the market for a bigger house nearby. Even in the last year, house prices have gone up as much 20% on the same street in the last year. It's bloody depressing saving money and finding prices rising at a much faster rate.

Even in the sticks in north Barnet, you are looking at £500k for a bog standard 3 bed (with one of them being a box room), semi with shared drive in an 'ok' area. Not to mention, at least 10mins walk to the tube.

I know what you are saying and not sure how it should be solved. I just find it scandalous that working families are struggling to buy in London. There is no way I could afford to buy anywhere down here and getting pretty bored of my money being poured down the drain on rent, the only way for me to afford anywhere is for me to find a bird and settle down and that ain't happening. I'm fortunate in that I'm probably moving back to Manchester so should be able to buy somewhere but down here it is a joke.

Another case of working families being punished in my opinion, but what can you do when demand is so huge eh?

I agree, mate. Down here you have bugger all chance of buying a house on your own unless you earn £80k. Even the house would be a two bed terrace in a nasty area.

We got on the housing ladder six years ago. The house we bought is now about £60k more than we paid for it. As ridiculous it sounds, we are already making provisions for our 4 year old so she has a chance of getting her own place.

I shouldn't moan too much as I love living in London. It is one of the world's great cities. Only New York is comparable IMO.

I would like to see the end of interest only mortgages and the imposition of higher taxes and financial penalties for those who own more than one property. Or alternatively the systematic murder of those over 60. :)

Manc in London said:
I agree, mate. Down here you have bugger all chance of buying a house on your own unless you earn £80k. Even the house would be a two bed terrace in a nasty area.

We got on the housing ladder six years ago. The house we bought is now about £60k more than we paid for it. As ridiculous it sounds, we are already making provisions for our 4 year old so she has a chance of getting her own place.

I shouldn't moan too much as I love living in London. It is one of the world's great cities. Only New York is comparable IMO.

I would like to see the end of interest only mortgages and the imposition of higher taxes and financial penalties for those who own more than one property. Or alternatively the systematic murder of those over 60. :)

To be fair, I don't think many do interest only these days do they?

London is a great city, lots to do. BUt with the average cost of properties these days, who the hell can afford a deposit. YOu may well be able to afford the mortgage repayments, but 50k doesn't come easily

House prices in London are crazy and the rents are spiralling as well. Went to pick my sister up from Hackney last August, she's been living in London for 10 years and has now moved back to Cardiff. What she and her husband own now in Cardiff is far far far better than what they rented in London, but the price wasn't much different

One thing I noticed was really expensive cars outside small houses terraced houses. Realized if you want to live in a house like that in London you have to have some coin hence the nice cars, you'd see astras and KAs outside houses like that around here!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.