Loneliness at Christmas

Difficult time of year for those who havent got lots of family and a fair stack of money. Christmas has for a month or more been pushed down every ones throat. wherever you go its there in your face telling you how everyone should have Xmas. It must be difficult for many people and a feel very sorry for people suffering sadness that is made worse by xmas. This year it seems to have gone on longer than ever.

It doesnt really bother me and by and large I avoid most of it, mainly because I have conditions that generally make December January a very bad time of year anyway so I guess just getting through each day fills my mental and physical capacity without being bothered about everyone banging on about xmas dinner, works does, and how much money its all cost (more fool you).

I always feel better come FA Cup 3rd round day as it seems spring isnt so far away and I can have a bit of a life again.

So for those who have felt a little left out of things this year cheer yourselves up with the thought of how long its going to take lots of the silly fuckers to pay for it all....

This year i have noticed an increase in forum activity, not just here but all sites where users interact. This may be a general issue with xmas becoming less important as a holiday to many or that more are finding themselves alone. I have no data to hand but i can assure you it has increased. If forums and such can help people feel closer to others just a little then the internet deserves a pat on the back for that.

I have always been active online at xmas as i don't really pay it to much attention so can say that i have definitely seen a large increase on individuals taking to the net at xmas.

This year i have noticed an increase in forum activity, not just here but all sites where users interact. This may be a general issue with xmas becoming less important as a holiday to many or that more are finding themselves alone. I have no data to hand but i can assure you it has increased. If forums and such can help people feel closer to others just a little then the internet deserves a pat on the back for that.

I have always been active online at xmas as i don't really pay it to much attention so can say that i have definitely seen a large increase on individuals taking to the net at xmas.
I think you are onto something there ginger b,no work to distract i think more are talking,it is a good thing like you say,like you i don't do the festive season,i'm a gobshite all year round ha but i hope someone is helped by it

In a way this sums up how I feel about my Bluemoon usage. The fact i'm a City fan and this is a City forum is almost secondary to me being here, its just a community I like and my visits are as routine as others logging into Facebook and the like.

Lonely bloody new year that’s for sure. Sitting in on mi Tod checking blue moon after new knee surgery in agony whilst the wife and kids in the village at a party ‘I’ organised!!!! They did offer to stay in though bless them. Can’t even get to the Etihad for 2 months which is probably worse. Anyway, happy new year to all the blues reading this not out painting the town blue ;)

Daily music?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.