Long Ball Football Under Hughes?

The Ghost Of Swales

What are the balloons on here on about saying City are playing long ball football under Les?

I've been to pretty much every game home and away this season and haven't seen us knocking it long unnecessarily.

The Ghost Of Swales said:
What are the balloons on here on about saying City are playing football under Les?

I've been to pretty much every game home and away this season and haven't seen us knocking it long unnecessarily.

Why? You not been watching?

We dont play long ball football, we have defenders whose distribution is very poor.

Ball can only either pass it back or hoof it to the smallest choice of unavailable striker, Dunne has similar tendancies and richards just gives it Dunne 90% of the time.

Having said that, we have been at our best when Ireland and Elano have dropped deep and took the ball off the defence and started the attacks, but i certainly wouldnt say we play long ball. Far from it.

What are the balloons on here on about saying City are playing football under Les?

Eh? Seems a bit contradictory to me.

markbmcfc said:
We dont play long ball football, we have defenders whose distribution is very poor.

Ball can only either pass it back or hoof it to the smallest choice of unavailable striker, Dunne has similar tendancies and richards just gives it Dunne 90% of the time.

Having said that, we have been at our best when Ireland and Elano have dropped deep and took the ball off the defence and started the attacks, but i certainly wouldnt say we play long ball. Far from it.

They can only pass to who's there. If, as you say, Ireland and Elano don't come back to collect the ball, there's 2 options; look long for a forward, or back to Hart.

BlueMooney said:
markbmcfc said:

They can only pass to who's there. If, as you say, Ireland and Elano don't come back to collect the ball, there's 2 options; look long for a forward, or back to Hart.

Good point made.

What are the balloons on here on about saying City are playing long ball football under Les?

90% of City fans are bellends - FACT

You don't have a very good opinion of your fellow Blues, do you?

Did we really score all those goals from long balls? It didn't seem that way to me.

I still think the defence is lacking something; common sense/skill/confidence, what have you. If Hughes can sort that out, we'll be a decent team. If not, we'll languish.

Not stalking u, Mammutly. Just wondered about this ''long ball'' phenomenom also.

we played it out from the back under SGE all the time.we have practically the same personell now so what has changed?

Joe Hart is forever punting it long downfield.He got a bollocking from sven for that.

stony said:

90% of City fans are bellends - FACT

You don't have a very good opinion of your fellow Blues, do you?

No. The majority are idiots.

Remove the wannabe hooligans, the face painted morons, the ones who just sit there don't sing and don't get behind the lads, the ones that know fook all about football (eg. thinking Robinho is crap) and the moaners and there aren't many decent ones left.

Watching City you used to be surrounded by knowledgeable passionate witty fans. Now we seem to have a support littered with bellends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.