Long Ball Football Under Hughes?

I think this is precisely why MH is after RSC

I personally HATE the long ball game (unless it was Quinny n White, that was nice).

If i am honest, I would give every coach in the country a video of Arsenal when they are on song and playing the passing game. It is virtually impossible to play against.

I personally HATE the long ball game (unless it was Quinny n White, that was nice).

If i am honest, I would give every coach in the country a video of Arsenal when they are on song and playing the passing game. It is virtually impossible to play against.

Bit of a technical glitch there folks, sorry bout that.

One of the reasons you should never give an old man PC for xmas

I do not believe that Hughes wants to play a long ball game and in his post match interview at Blackburn he was bemoaning the fact that his midfield was being missed out by the style Sam had Rovers playing.

I think he wants RSC because he recognizes the need to have a forward who is dominant in the air. It's inevitable that the ball will be hit long on some occasions and it is also a perfectly acceptable route to take in certain circumstances: a team needs to be able to mix up its style of play. However, I'm quite sue Hughes wants it played on the ground most of the time.

OB1 said:
However, I'm quite sue Hughes wants it played on the ground most of the time.

Perhaps because our entire midfield are so utterly useless at winning balls in the air? (Perhaps because they are mainly all midgets)

And our strikers aren't much better. Jo does win balls in the air admittedly, but as he is never picked that's somewhat of a moot point.

i'd love to see the stats on our goals scored under recent managers. how many goals as a result of a long ball. quite a low number i reckon. i also reckon we may have scored more "footballing" goals than most in the premiership.

Vinny was going mental at Hart during the game. On more than one occasion I saw him calling for the ball short along the floor only for it to be lumped over his head. He was throwing his arms up quite alot.

I hope we do sign Santa because if we dont sort out the defense at least we have someone who can win the ball, and hold it up from those punts.

Vinny is a ball playing CB, you only have to look back at the games where he played there to see how distribution from defense should be done.

staffs_blue said:
we played it out from the back under SGE all the time.we have practically the same personell now so what has changed?

Joe Hart is forever punting it long downfield.He got a bollocking from sven for that.

Not true - Sven, one of the few times criticised Joe Hart that he just kicked the ball up the field and he could not understand why because that was not the training plan. In fairness to Joe this season he is forced sometime to kick it long because if Ireland or Elano are not available for the ball he has no defender that seem to want it - they actually turn their back so he has no options.

BTW - we do not play long ball football on the whole.

markbmcfc said:
BlueMooney said:
They can only pass to who's there. If, as you say, Ireland and Elano don't come back to collect the ball, there's 2 options; look long for a forward, or back to Hart.

Good point made.
Agreed, exactly why we have to buy some more "creative" players in january and a couple of defenders that like the ball at their feet, such as corluka did last year, he always wanted the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.