Long distance fans

They tend to 'support' the most famous teams and either rarely go or destroy the environment doing so.

A lot are mainly either the late 60s to early 80s fans or the first Keegan season, or the 2007 takeover onwards.

Anyone who 'chooses' a team isn't a real fan, more a customer.
I am a 64 yr old fan/supporter of City from afar since Johnny Crossan lifted the 2nd division trophy in 1966, yes a "glory hunter" at 12 years old when I "chose" City as my favourite football team.
Yes I am a "customer", of Ryanair, Aer Lingus,Sky, Vodafone,Manchester hotels, trains and trams and its costs too much of my income to attend regularly. How lucky you are to fall out of bed and stroll up to The Etihad when you feel like it and sneeringly dismiss those of us not blessed to be born within peeing distance of the pitch. I am not alone in loving City enough to ignore such petty small minded isolationism.
Why don't you set up a petition to ban all non Mancunians from supporting the club, including Sheikh Mansour & ADUG, ban all non Manchester born players, all advertising from non Manchester businesses, have only Franny Lee's loo rolls. Why not go the full hog and ban all non Manchester teams from playing against City. Then you can sit outside the locked Etihad gates waving a little flag saying "I'm not a customer, I chose this".

Laughable, and, if I am honest, quite pathetic.

I live on the south coast, have a season ticket and have had that for the last 20 years, barring a couple due to restricted finances. There's ALWAYS been plenty of Blues down here that travel to games, ones that I have known for decades, since before I got my season ticket. Most of us have some sort of familial connection to Manchester, though you, and others wouldn't take that into consideration, whilst looking down your noses at us. Snobbery of the worst kind.
Quite right, some of these fans should maybe spend some time away from Manchester to get a bit of perspective instead of pontificating on who they think should be considered a City fan.

I agree with this.

Going to some of the away games recently has been a bit sad really, populated with people who wouldn't be seen within 100 miles of a City match if we weren't winning trophies but I suppose it's modern football I guess.

Obviously, if you're not a local fan and supported City when we were shit then you're probably more of a fan than most mancs, and probably also a little bit mental.
I'm saddened by a cancer diagnosis or talking to someone who has lost a relative, not by talking to a City fan with a different accent or indeed language.

I have to say the new glory hunting fans from abroad get on my wick,it's all a computer game to them with endless stats with no understanding or passion for the game orthe club,sorry you did ask
From an old glory hunting fan of over 50 yrs.,from abroad, I am sorry about your wick but tarring "them all" with the same brush is ridiculous and falls way below the usual standard of you posts.

I am a 64 yr old fan/supporter of City from afar since Johnny Crossan lifted the 2nd division trophy in 1966, yes a "glory hunter" at 12 years old when I "chose" City as my favourite football team.
Yes I am a "customer", of Ryanair, Aer Lingus,Sky, Vodafone,Manchester hotels, trains and trams and its costs too much of my income to attend regularly. How lucky you are to fall out of bed and stroll up to The Etihad when you feel like it and sneeringly dismiss those of us not blessed to be born within peeing distance of the pitch. I am not alone in loving City enough to ignore such petty small minded isolationism.
Why don't you set up a petition to ban all non Mancunians from supporting the club, including Sheikh Mansour & ADUG, ban all non Manchester born players, all advertising from non Manchester businesses, have only Franny Lee's loo rolls. Why not go the full hog and ban all non Manchester teams from playing against City. Then you can sit outside the locked Etihad gates waving a little flag saying "I'm not a customer, I chose this".

It must have cost a lot to fly over for games in 1966 - very believable.

You did well ignoring me and not getting wound up in the slightest - Vodafone are a famous United kit sponsor by the way.

It must have cost a lot to fly over for games in 1966 - very believable.

You did well ignoring me and not getting wound up in the slightest - Vodafone are a famous United kit sponsor by the way.
Ah ! you thought a 12 yr old would fly to Manchester in 1966 - very believable, however radio's, comics and newspapers reporting on English football matches were quite expensive in those days.
I am well aware of Vodafone's sponsorship of United, maybe you are not aware that they also provide telecommunications and tv services enabling us foreigners to watch PL football on tv. As to being wound up, not a chance, but I will be on 6th May when I stand in The Etihad to applaud Vinny as he lifts the PL trophy after the Huddersfield final whistle. Will you be at the gates greeting "customers", if so I promise I will not ignore you.

I bet the owner is not a REAL fan then. He is not a regular match-goer and, to my understanding, he doesn’t live in Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.