Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

We all need a bit of
"What if " now and again
Let's not think though
"What if " Everton beat us
I only want good What if's
If this doesn't make sense I will take my tablets & go back to bed

Unfortunately too many years of supporting city for good what ifs. It supposedly keeps us grounded but it kills the nerves, I admire your optimism mind and hope one day I can share it ;)

The worst thing about the pandemic is that we missed the opportunity to reignite the best City song of recent years:

"Is-tan-bul, Istanbul, we are coming.."

Are you sure?

I have booked Valencia in early June.

THe EU is sorting out COVID passports, apparently?

The Med countries are desperate for holiday makers. and the money they bring in.
The EU passport is irrelevant because
A UK citizens are banned from leaving the UK
And
B we are not in the EU, so us using it will require inter governmental co operation. Don’t hold your breath on that one!

as for the roadmap there is no mention of lifting the travel ban unless the June 21st catch all lifting includes it.
See

Istanbul is known to be nice towards the end of May. Is anyone else thinking about a trip and got as far as pricing up flights/travel?

The normal budget airlines don’t have any flights scheduled at end of May so options are limited.

You really want to be in a city full of Gobby, pissed up scousers kicking off with the local ultras then acting all innocent when one of their fans is seriously/fatally injured?

Bloody Jinx thread.

:)

Istanbul is known to be nice towards the end of May. Is anyone else thinking about a trip and got as far as pricing up flights/travel?

The normal budget airlines don’t have any flights scheduled at end of May so options are limited.

you've obviously never experienced typical City

The EU passport is irrelevant because
A UK citizens are banned from leaving the UK
And
B we are not in the EU, so us using it will require inter governmental co operation. Don’t hold your breath on that one!

as for the roadmap there is no mention of lifting the travel ban unless the June 21st catch all lifting includes it.
See
Turkey is not in the EU...
Does that make any difference?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.