Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

For the record I think UEFA will move it but not to the UK.

I think it will be St. Petersburg or Budapest. St Petersburg is next year's host, the Puskas arena has already hosted a ton of games this CL when red list have gotten involved.

Both Russia and Hungary are on the amber list, both will allow fans.
If that's the case it's crazy. Why risk any travel abroad when it can be safely held in the UK. All about the money if you ask me. Corrupt officials.

Uefa, with all their faults and corruption will already have a contingency. They'll have contingency against terrorism, plane crashes, earthquakes, assassinations etc etc. There'll be a plan B, C and D.

I know it doesn't suit the agenda of this Board or others but there will be a plan. Surprisingly there might not be a queue to host this event because it'll strike a venue from holding again in the foreseeable.

Portugal is the most obvious candidate if it's outside England and for me it should be outside, because Chelsea v City at an English venue just takes the gloss off things.

"The Telegraph exclusively revealed that the government is in talks with Uefa and would expect any approach they make to be 'accommodated'".

Have to remember though that City and Chelski were two of the ESL so not much good will there from UEFA plus they've got 17k tickets for the suits, 8k for fans so not top of their priorities to move it - only those coming from the UK are affected by the Red List.

If they do have a pang of consciousness and it's moved to UK, Tottingham or Emirates would be options if Wembley is booked up.

Uefa, with all their faults and corruption will already have a contingency. They'll have contingency against terrorism, plane crashes, earthquakes, assassinations etc etc. There'll be a plan B, C and D.

I know it doesn't suit the agenda of this Board or others but there will be a plan. Surprisingly there might not be a queue to host this event because it'll strike a venue from holding again in the foreseeable.

Portugal is the most obvious candidate if it's outside England and for me it should be outside, because Chelsea v City at an English venue just takes the gloss off things.

if you were going to have a weekend away with thousands of blues sat outside bars singing in streets like a normal year then yes it would take the gloss off but that’s not gonna happen anywhere
Quick drive to Birmingham and back and no fuckin about with quarantine and how many tests would suit me no danger

Financially, I dont think its worth UEFA moving it from their point of view. Maybe with a full house but not with 10k, 20k. Half their tickets are freebies to sponsors anyway and they'll have to source suitable hotels for staff, sponsors and guests. All their branding etc.

Just can't see them moving it. They'll get enough in with the locals.

Any experts on quarantine out there? Can I either a) fly home via somewhere on the Amber list and quarantine and then quarantine for 10 days at home, or b) fly home and then straight to Portugal for 10 days to quarantine there?
If you have been in Turkey in the previous 10 days you have to declare it on your passenger locator form. If you went to a green country who accepts people from Turkey then you can spend 10 days there and go home.
it’s better to spend £1750 on a mini holiday than the holiday inn/ Heathrow

A) yes, spending 10 days in an amber or green country will mean your time spent in a red country is effectively null and void. Amber would mean a further 10 days home isolation when back in the UK as you say.

B) this is dodgy and I'm not sure where you'd stand....it might be ok if the flight leaves for Portugal a few hours after arrival from Istanbul but I'm really unsure how this would be viewed by the border force. As it would be 2 completely separate flights and not a through ticket then I think you could be liable to being frogmarched to a Government airport hotel at the incredible low price of £1750.

Much better off just going from Turkey to Portugal, just be aware of any possible quarantine or isolation rules for arrivals into Portugal from Turkey.
Agreed , you could only use the UK in transit, ie not leave the airport in a Tom Hanks style

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.