loose to west brom - consequences

Shooter 83 said:
Yeah Blame hughes for Dunne giving two goals to Newcastle.

Not entirely (although I do put a lot of blame on him for the negative way we approached that game, particularly after Newcastle went down to 10 men), but if he is going to take credit for the form of someone like Ireland, he has to take some responsibility for the poor form of others.

Rafa Benitez is not good enough for liverpool then for not improving robi keane? Top of the lge. A few arsenal players have been off form this season. That Wenger is a crap manager aint he! What an idiot.

Another one of the list of those that can't defend Hughes without insulting others. No-one is saying that Hughes is a crap manager because Dunne is playing poorly, and I strongly doubt that any scouser or gooner is saying that Benitez or Wenger should be absolved of any criticism over their bad decisions.

One bad buy. The other's are top quality.

So you would agree our defensive problems are partially Hughes doing then.

Zaba-daba-doo said:
Shooter 83 said:
MH will bring in top quality players in Jan, stop worrying he was left aload of shit that was already at the club, not he's fault.

Mark Hughes was left with aload of shit ie. Vass, Caidado, Castillo, Benjani, Ball etc etc

BUT however would you trust him with £100m or whatever it is he has to spend?

Ben Haim £5m ouch...Zaba (the durys still out) £7m...Jo{ke} £19m...

im not sure im not sayin sack him but im not sayin keep him im askin what do you think??

Don't think Les had much (nothing) to do with JO, Zab is top draw, as is Kompany, Brought SWP back...????????????????????

Zaba-daba-doo said:
Shooter 83 said:
MH will bring in top quality players in Jan, stop worrying he was left aload of shit that was already at the club, not he's fault.

Mark Hughes was left with aload of shit ie. Vass, Caidado, Castillo, Benjani, Ball etc etc

im not sure im not sayin sack him but im not sayin keep him im askin what do you think??

By all accounts he did not sign Jo and a few respected posters at the time said they'd heard TBH was signed behind his back. Zaba has been most peoples MOTM for the last 2/3 games. You also conveniently forget Kompany & SWP. If there is one thing I do actually think Hughes has shown he is good at, here and Blackburn, is signing good players.

Zaba-daba-doo said:
Shooter 83 said:

Swp,Kompany and Zaba= top Class. Jo 4m up to now, give the kid time he's played 12 and had 4 very good games. TBH yeh he's crap.

Sven Benjani,Caciedo,Bianchi,Fernandes and the on loan Castillo = crap. Garrido was crap last season, Not a bad en now.

I think Zabaleta has been fine, but I do worry about his tendancy to dive into tackles. One red card already, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't pick up at least one other over the course of the season.

Ben Haim, was a bad and pointless signing. Will probably cost us the services of a better defender in Nedum.

Jo hasn't been up to scratch so far, but is young and will improve. Whether thats with us or not, I guess depends on the patience people are prepared to show.

Kompany, Robinho, SWP all very good.

moomba said:
Shooter 83 said:
Yeah Blame hughes for Dunne giving two goals to Newcastle.

Not entirely (although I do put a lot of blame on him for the negative way we approached that game, particularly after Newcastle went down to 10 men), but if he is going to take credit for the form of someone like Ireland, he has to take some responsibility for the poor form of others.

Rafa Benitez is not good enough for liverpool then for not improving robi keane? Top of the lge. A few arsenal players have been off form this season. That Wenger is a crap manager aint he! What an idiot.

Another one of the list of those that can't defend Hughes without insulting others. No-one is saying that Hughes is a crap manager because Dunne is playing poorly, and I strongly doubt that any scouser or gooner is saying that Benitez or Wenger should be absolved of any criticism over their bad decisions.

One bad buy. The other's are top quality.

So you would agree our defensive problems are partially Hughes doing then.

Aren't we 3rd top goalscorer's? Stop worrying lad he will sort the balance out in Jan.

i agree the Jo deal were in place before MH arrived BUT why did he sign him then? he arrived just before Jo!! who's buying the players? is MH a face for our new Arab owners/Mangers!

Kompany is a good player fair play

SWP were bought for us fans everybody knows that.. good player tho

Ben Haim well need i say more?

Zabaleta looks good goin forwaard but anyone will agree with me he aint the best defender in the world, i like his snappy i dont give a shit attitude wiv his tackles BUT sometimes he's reckless and a liability and he the best defending one on ones BUT he is comfortable on the ball and gets forward well... i like my full backs to be able to defend properly first and foremost but like i said the jurys still out

Glauber Berti...is he black or white? fat or thin? tall or short? has anyone ever seen him? does he exsist?

Shooter 83 said:
Aren't we 3rd top goalscorer's? Stop worrying lad he will sort the balence out in Jan.

We're also 4th bottom of the league.

Not worrying really, although I am worried by this suggestion a lot of people are making that he isn't a capable coach and needs to buy players to get results.

moomba said:
Shooter 83 said:
Aren't we 3rd top goalscorer's? Stop worrying lad he will sort the balence out in Jan.

We're also 4th bottom of the league.

Not worrying really, although I am worried by this suggestion a lot of people are making that he isn't a capable coach and needs to buy players to get results.

Yeah, the main argument for keeping Hughes seems to be he needs time to build a side. It's not exactly a ringing endorsement of him if he can't work with the existing playing staff.

Zaba-daba-doo said:
i agree the Jo deal were in place before MH arrived BUT why did he sign him then? he arrived just before Jo!! who's buying the players? is MH a face for our new Arab owners/Mangers!

Signed by Thaksin, seemed to be done a month or two before the end of the season (thats when it started leaking to the papers). MH apparently had final say, but you have to wonder. Thaksin seemed set on having him for some reason.

Zaba-daba-doo said:
Zabaleta looks good goin forwaard but anyone will agree with me he aint the best defender in the world, i like his snappy i dont give a shit attitude wiv his tackles BUT sometimes he's reckless and a liability and he the best defending one on ones BUT he is comfortable on the ball and gets forward well... i like my full backs to be able to defend properly first and foremost but like i said the jurys still out

He lacks some pace which is his main problem. Despite looking much older than he is he's still only about 23, so can still learn a lot. You don't get to be an Argentinian international defender if you've not got something. His positioning is good, he's made a few far post saving headers in recent weeks that show exceptional full back defensive play. Even though he was one of the better players last night, he didn't have the best of games but was constantly trying to cover the crap playing next to him. Put him in a quality defence and he will be excellent, I really believe that. His diving in tackling has also got a lot better, I don't feel he is on a red card every time he plays now, I did for the first month or two of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.