Lord Steel aware Cyril Smith was abusing boys

When I was growing up the local sea scout leader was a standing joke in our town. Don't go on his boat you'll get jolly rogered. And guess what? He was a Lord of the realm too

But the adults didn't do anything or say anything, that is what amazes me. I have asked my Mum why and all she can say is you just didn't. It is being made out that Cyril Smith was a cover up but it wasn't, it was just ignored as though it was just not talked about. Don't forget there was an actual campaign by paedophiles to lower the legal age of sexual intercourse, I am sure they even had Labour backing (tried to google it but don't have enough info) I was born in 58 so lived through that period and you just learnt who to stay away from.

He was far from the only politician at the time that turned a blind eye to it.

Links between the NCCL and PIE in the 70's shows you that.
@blueinsa I have just posted about paedophiles trying to get the age of consent lowered but couldn't remember too much, You have put PIE which rings a bell, is that the group ?

@blueinsa I have just posted about paedophiles trying to get the age of consent lowered but couldn't remember too much, You have put PIE which rings a bell, is that the group ?

PIE was the group campaigning mate yes and they had representation on the NCCL right up to the 80's of which prominent Labour MP's where also members.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/pie-controversy-shadow...

If that copies it is worse than I thought.

Edit: sorry as usual my copying a link doesn't work. The independent covered a story that stated in the 70's labour, Nat, Council for Civil Liberties and PIE wanted the age of consent lowered to 10 !!

This is an extract...….
The former Labour Cabinet minister Patricia Hewitt allegedly backed calls for the age of consent to be reduced to as low as 10.
The allegation came after the controversy over the links between the National Council of Civil Liberties (NCCL) and the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE) was reignited by a report in The Sun.

It claimed that a meeting in February 1976 of the NCCL’s executive committee, which was attended by Ms Hewitt and Jack Dromey, the shadow police minister, agreed that the council should propose lowering the minimum age for sex to 14, or 10 in certain circumstances.

It also emerged that an NCCL press release was issued a month later which called for a reduction in the age of consent and the legalisation of incest. Ms Hewitt was general secretary of the organisation from 1974 to 1983.

PIE was the group campaigning mate yes and they had representation on the NCCL right up to the 80's of which prominent Labour MP's where also members.

Yep now you have said PIE, I found it, Jeez, they wanted the age of consent lowered to 10 years of age. The dirty fuckers should have been shot.

I worked for Rochdale for sixty years at the chalk face, but the bastards only paid for 42. As a probationer attending my first union meeting I got a lift off Cyril - thankfully there were other folk in the car at the same time! I also gained my first promotion and have often wondered in the past decades how I managed it. No hanky panky on my part, I should add! As for Rochdale Education Committee at the time I joined the show - '68 - was regarded as quite forward-thinking with good people in the right jobs. We were one of the few local authorities who chose to reorganise a Junior High School secondary sector into middle schools and upper schools. I think it worked extremely well. And then we got shunted into RMBC with Middleton, Heywood, Milnrow, and the current jewel in the crown - Littleborough! Then along came another 'reorganisation' with a tertiary college on the old Hopwood site, and as a consequence the middle and upper school system that, IMHO, worked well. And the rest, well

I got a lift off Cyril - thankfully there were other folk in the car

That must off been some fking car then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.