Lord Steel aware Cyril Smith was abusing boys

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nellies left peg, 25 Feb 2020.

1. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

But the adults didn't do anything or say anything, that is what amazes me. I have asked my Mum why and all she can say is you just didn't. It is being made out that Cyril Smith was a cover up but it wasn't, it was just ignored as though it was just not talked about. Don't forget there was an actual campaign by paedophiles to lower the legal age of sexual intercourse, I am sure they even had Labour backing (tried to google it but don't have enough info) I was born in 58 so lived through that period and you just learnt who to stay away from.

BrianW likes this.
  2. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

@blueinsa I have just posted about paedophiles trying to get the age of consent lowered but couldn't remember too much, You have put PIE which rings a bell, is that the group ?

3. blueinsa

blueinsa

PIE was the group campaigning mate yes and they had representation on the NCCL right up to the 80's of which prominent Labour MP's where also members.

4. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/pie-controversy-shadow...

If that copies it is worse than I thought.

Edit: sorry as usual my copying a link doesn't work. The independent covered a story that stated in the 70's labour, Nat, Council for Civil Liberties and PIE wanted the age of consent lowered to 10 !!

This is an extract...….
    The former Labour Cabinet minister Patricia Hewitt allegedly backed calls for the age of consent to be reduced to as low as 10.
    The allegation came after the controversy over the links between the National Council of Civil Liberties (NCCL) and the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE) was reignited by a report in The Sun.

It claimed that a meeting in February 1976 of the NCCL’s executive committee, which was attended by Ms Hewitt and Jack Dromey, the shadow police minister, agreed that the council should propose lowering the minimum age for sex to 14, or 10 in certain circumstances.

It also emerged that an NCCL press release was issued a month later which called for a reduction in the age of consent and the legalisation of incest. Ms Hewitt was general secretary of the organisation from 1974 to 1983.

5. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Yep now you have said PIE, I found it, Jeez, they wanted the age of consent lowered to 10 years of age. The dirty fuckers should have been shot.

6. kippax4ever

kippax4ever

7. kippax4ever

kippax4ever

I got a lift off Cyril - thankfully there were other folk in the car

That must off been some fking car then

8. PinkFinal

PinkFinal

9. bluealf

bluealf

It is, I am sure it was mentioned in the Leon Brittain thread.

10. blueinsa

blueinsa

BrianW and PinkFinal like this.