Lose the Battle but win the War ?

DenisLawBackHeel74

I cant help thinking mancini wasn't too bothered about winning yesterday. First the changes, Kolarov and Pantilimon are imo not players you would start with in a game you are desperate to win. Second the formation, quite defensive (although you could argue a lack of fit strikers forced his hand). Lastly, the post game reaction from Mancini, obviously bothered about losing vinny but not too concerned about the outcome of the game.

My feelings are that they will not be the eventual winners of the competition....so everything else is just fixture congestion.

agree with OP.

Last year Bobby's objective was a top four place and a possible cup. - ACHIEVED

This years objective is the Premier league and a possible cup.- STILL VERY MUCH ACHIEVABLE

I honestly can't imagine how depressed I'll be if we fail to win the league and those twats end up winning it.

As much as I hate losing to the rags I almost think this was the best possible result. With our current injury crisis and with toure's away our squad is being stretched. An FA cup run, combined with Europa League, at least 2 CC matches and the PL would be fighting a war on to many fronts. Yeah a treble/quad would be great, but lets not be greedy. We really could use the time off to focus on securing the PL.

got to go with the strongest team possible against liverpool on wed now try and get a good lead on them, with no game till monday night then the players should have plenty of time to recover for the match.

This was posted on sadcafe:

"We had an opportunity to shame them like they shamed us and drive down their morale, instead we left them feeling like they had accomplished something."

When we had them down we humiliated them. When they had us down we came close to humiliating them again.

I feel that our team and club are now steeled by that performance and will go and win the league. The confidence and belief must be sky high.

With the OP's point in mind about Mancini obviously taking the league as a priority, does anyone else think that he'll get the sack if we fail to win the league and a trophy from the position we're in?

I don't want it to happen, I really don't as this is the best football I've ever seen but I'm just thinking in terms of what the owners may be thinking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.